Learn to Play Better Safties

AceHigh

Banned
I noticed a post by Chris thinking of a way to play better safties. I'm not sure if anyone here has played a game called, Foul Pool, but me and my friend play it all the time. According to some friends, it was invented by a local player at our poolhall, not sure if it's true. Anyways, here are the general rules.

-First to foul their opponent 8 times wins.

-The person who breaks, has to break the rack soft. You must hit the one ball first, and at least the cue ball must hit a rail. Your main goal is to clip the one ball, and put the cueball behind the rack.

-There are no push-outs. So with a successful break, you can foul your oppenent on their first shot.

-The only ball that you'll be hitting is the one ball, if you make the one ball, or any other ball. It is placed on the spot. IF there's already a ball on the spot, then it is placed behind that ball.

-Anytime you foul your oppenent, you get ball in hand.

-Regular 9 ball rules apply

If there's any questions, just ask. It's a really great game to improve your kicks/safeties.

Ctatyk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sounds interesting...I might have to give it a try with my friends.

I'm thinking about building an 8ball team for a state tourney where everyone agrees to shoot a safety whenever possible. If they get ball in hand...they make a ball and then shoot a safe. This should throw the other team out of rhythm and still be legal as we won't be taking extra long to shoot a shot...just prolonging the game. :D

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
I think Bob Byrne talks about this game in his book, i forget what he called it though. If it wasn't Bob Byrne it was in some other book for sure. Maybe play your best nine ball?

AceHigh

Banned
fxskater said:
I think Bob Byrne talks about this game in his book, i forget what he called it though. If it wasn't Bob Byrne it was in some other book for sure. Maybe play your best nine ball?

Now that I think about it, Phil Cappelle does mention something similar in his book, "PLAY YOUR BEST POOL".

Well, it doesn't matter who invented it, it's probably one of the better "mini-games" to play that will improve your 9ball game.