poker satellites to $500,000 amateur 9 ball tournament

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
Just an idea i had so feel free to give me your feedback good or bad.

is there anyway of getting pokerstars or party poker full tilt etc.. to run satellites where the prize is entry to a major new tournament and its the only way to get into the tournament..

ie/ 128 player tournament
$500,000 all money generated from poker satellites where players win seats into the tournament, if you win 1 you can play your self or sell it to a pro to play in your place.

the poker companies advertise it on here im sure people would play them with the chance of playing in this...

each place costs $4,000 dollars so have $10 satellite 400 runners 1 seat or $20 2 seats 200 runners, but can also run smaller satellites etc...

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
i have had a reply on this idea off pokerstars so any feedback from az'ers will help as this could be a lucrative event for amateurs, party poker also looking into as well..

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
Just an idea i had so feel free to give me your feedback good or bad.

is there anyway of getting pokerstars or party poker full tilt etc.. to run satellites where the prize is entry to a major new tournament and its the only way to get into the tournament..

ie/ 128 player tournament
$500,000 all money generated from poker satellites where players win seats into the tournament, if you win 1 you can play your self or sell it to a pro to play in your place.

the poker companies advertise it on here im sure people would play them with the chance of playing in this...

each place costs $4,000 dollars so have $10 satellite 400 runners 1 seat or $20 2 seats 200 runners, but can also run smaller satellites etc...

Sounds good!!! I will play on pokerstars, I am sure that i could get Kieth McCready to play, also......

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
the more people who can show an interest the more likely they are to do this, could be something big for amateurs to play in

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This might work out well. Half of the poker players were once pool players, so maybe they will give pool a try again, since there would be decent money to be won. The one hang up that came to me was that many players in the U.S. may not be able to play. In Minnesota, they are trying to force internet providers from blocking users from accessing online gambling sites.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PartyPoker already sponsors pool tournaments in Europe. Partypoker is not going to sponsor any poker (other than the WSOP and in name only) here in the US. Play poker, just to play pool? Where would this event be held?? Why not just write letters, make phone calls and in person, ask these cash rich companies to sponsor pool tournaments here in the US!

Former pool players who are now poker players will only play pool if the money is right. There is just too much money playing poker than there is with pool. Its like putting an unesscessary middle man for this Play Poker just to PlayPool tournament. It is nice that someone is trying to get creative, but the bottom line is money and lots of for years to come. Just like any career or job, people need to know that what they are doing, they can do it for a long time. Good Luck!!

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
i put the idea to players in my local pool hall lastnight and they thought it could work, it would be an az invitational locked event ie, must be a member to enter satellites and run them for 3-6 months till the field is full all the money would be generated by the satellites, as for the top pro's pool or poker its upto them if they wanna try win a place in the comp...

anyone's thoughts on how this may work feel free to pm me

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds great. Somebody would just steal the fu#$ing money, though. Hey, sorry for the negativity, I'm a realist.