Schon Runde era, weight bolt or assembly bolt?

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue is an r12

Is this a weight bolt or an assembly bolt?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353270167077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353270167077.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 617
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353270173592.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353270173592.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 434

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
The picture is of a weight bolt. But I'm not sure if that is the question you're asking or not.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should of rephrased it. Is it ok to take this bolt out? Or should I replace it with one that weighs less if I wanna get the weight down.

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
You can do either. It will change the hit significantly without a bolt but will not cause any damage structurally. Just make sure you don't damage or lose the original, that might hurt any resale on the cue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it is technically an assembly bolt. IIRC, the buttcap is not glued on and hence the need for the bolt.

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it is technically an assembly bolt. IIRC, the buttcap is not glued on and hence the need for the bolt.

I agree with this as well. I have a friend who had taken his out and his butt cap became loose enough to fall off.
There wasn't any glue. I have looked at a few of my other r series schon's as well and didn't see any signs off glue either.
My friend just cut his down and installed it again without any issue's.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I changed out the bolt on my R6 to more closely match my normal playing Schon. I'm not sure of the ramifications of playing without, Evan didn't seem to present that option when I asked about making it lighter, he found me a lighter bolt instead...
Scott