Video: skit or not?

kimchi

Registered
I have a question about a certain shot and the reaction of the object ball.

First take a look at this youtube video of Shane shooting the 8 ball:

youtube. com/watch?v=Q83NHdMQgRE&t=2h27m28s

My question: is this called a skit or not? And if not whats it called then?

My definition of a skit is:
1. A little hop by the cue ball which is caused by the chalk on the cue ball or object ball, when they contact eachother.

In this video the cue ball doesnt hop, but there was something wrong on how the 8 ball was rolling. The 8 ball was sliding before it was rolling, which caused to hit the cusion first.
This happens to me sometimes and usually i miss these shots. This shot only happens at slow speed and sharp angle.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is this a skit or not? And does anyone know how to counter it?

Thanks in advance.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question about a certain shot and the reaction of the object ball.

First take a look at this youtube video of Shane shooting the 8 ball:

youtube. com/watch?v=Q83NHdMQgRE&t=2h27m28s

My question: is this called a skit or not? And if not whats it called then?

My definition of a skit is:
1. A little hop by the cue ball which is caused by the chalk on the cue ball or object ball, when they contact eachother.

In this video the cue ball doesnt hop, but there was something wrong on how the 8 ball was rolling. The 8 ball was sliding before it was rolling, which caused to hit the cusion first.
This happens to me sometimes and usually i miss these shots. This shot only happens at slow speed and sharp angle.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is this a skit or not? And does anyone know how to counter it?

Thanks in advance.

Linky no worky

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
I think in this case whatever the 8 ball did (skit) was due to brand new cloth on table.

swisslife77

....let me play....
Silver Member
That happen to me also several times, and that's what I figured out:

due to slow speed and new cloth, the grip between balls is higher than cloth grip, making the OB sliding a bit "on spot". Than the inertia takes over and the OB start rolling, but of course, not on the intended path, plus with some transferred english!!

That's when I started to use english on CB on each cut shot, to prevent this "skid"!
But you have to adjust your aiming point, making it a bit "fuller".

My .02 $