Doug Bourque cues

minohc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone know this cue maker?
Is it possible have a little review of tha main features(hit, construction, etc...) of his cues?

thank you

mino

nineballplayer1

Alpha Cues Rule
Silver Member
Yeah, I know him, been to his shop a couple of times. He's about 5 hours away from me. Good guy, great looking cues

candyman

Matt Heath
Silver Member
I know Doug really well, he plays in my friday night tournaments about every week.

As far as construction of his cues they are very well constructed. When he was making cues he had a guarantee, if you did not like the hit of his cue, he would buy it back. I have hit with a couple of his cue and I personally like the wood to wood joints better ( but that is my personal preference).

He has had some of the best exotic woods, used in his cues. Any more questions ask me. Matt

minohc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you nineballplayer1 and candyman for your reply.

candyman said:
I have hit with a couple of his cue and I personally like the wood to wood joints better ( but that is my personal preference).

Could you tell some other things about the hit and playability of his cues(it's an hard or soft cue?, balance, shaft, squirt.... and what you want..).
I have a Joe Gold Cognoscenti, how can you compare to a Cog?

mino

bells

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
doug borque cues

I currently shoot with a bourque cue, and i love it to bits. It is a very stiff hiting cue. the playability and the workmanship are both excelent. The only thing that bugs me about the cue is that i have two shafts that are two different weights and taper. It is to my understanding that Doug is not building any cues at this time.......................thats ashame......................................
best