• None of the above or below

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • I use to play with Predator Cues, and or Predator Shafts but don't no more

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • I will by nothing made in China

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I play with a House Cue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I pay with a Custom Cue, with a Custom Shaft.

Votes: 24 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoolSleuth

Banned
Went doen to the House of Cue's on Indiann School in PHX yesterday, as it was on the way home from the VA Hospital.

Stopped to check out what was New, and was offer a Predator SP to try out again.

After hitting a couple of Racks of Balls on their Bar Box, I said again So What again.

As I have never been in a BUZZ by Predator Cues, or Shafts.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two of your answers fit me but could only enter one. I build custom cues for a living so of coarse I use one of my own. However, I love the way Predator shafts play and offer them as an option on the cues I build. There is a reason that most players who play pool for their livelyhood use a Predator shaft

Dick Neighbors

RHN Custom Billiard Cues

Chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rhncue said:
There is a reason that most players who play pool for their livelyhood use a Predator shaft

They get them for free or at a deep discount.

I've known many sponsored athletes (not pool players) that would never purchase much of the equipment their sponsors freely give them; they would make other choices if it were their own money being spent. However, as long as the equipment isn't total junk, free has a nice ring to it, so they keep their mouths shut and use the sponsors' products.

That's not to say no pros use Predator by choice. I doubt, however, that all pros using Predators actually believe them to be superior to everything else.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pay Exclusively with Predator Cues, and or Predator Shafts
Predator Cues, or Predator Shafts so what is the big deal
All my Shafts are Predator Shafts
I pay with a Custom Cue, with a Custom Shaft. (But with a 314 shaft???)

Is it ok to say yes to all of the above?

O

onepocketchump

1. the poll questions are skewed and misleading.
2. at leat take the time to spell check it.

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Onepocketchump wrote:
> 1. the poll questions are skewed and misleading.
> 2. at leat take the time to spell check it.

Even if Onepocketchump misspelled "at least" I agree that the poll-questions are indeed skewed and misleading, (and that also PoolSleuth doesn't handle the English language too well). Besides, if he wanted to make this poll somewhat comprehensive, I'd suggest there were multiple choices.

But what do I know, I'm a friggin' foreigner...

-- peer

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peer said:
Onepocketchump wrote:
> 1. the poll questions are skewed and misleading.
> 2. at leat take the time to spell check it.

Even if Onepocketchump misspelled "at least" I agree that the poll-questions are indeed skewed and misleading, (and that also PoolSleuth doesn't handle the English language too well). Besides, if he wanted to make this poll somewhat comprehensive, I'd suggest there were multiple choices.

But what do I know, I'm a friggin' foreigner...

-- peer

I think that was a tongue-in-cheek speel job by John.

However I must mention that a computerized spell- check would find pay and play both quite acceptable-same with buy/by.

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Nostroke wrote:
> I think that was a tongue-in-cheek speel job by John.

Yes, I realize that... as well as I understand that your "speel job" is a grammatical blow job.

-- peer

Billy_Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your missing my answer on the poll. My answer is...

After spending two years learning to use a Predator shaft, I can now shoot more accurately when using english than when using a conventional shaft.

To me a Predator shaft is just an accurate tool. Nothing more, nothing less.

laser2507

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a Predator 314 on my Balabushka. To be honest, I think I could play with my Balabushka shaft just as well, you just do what your used to.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
Billy_Bob said:
Your missing my answer on the poll. My answer is...

After spending two years learning to use a Predator shaft, I can now shoot more accurately when using english than when using a conventional shaft.

To me a Predator shaft is just an accurate tool. Nothing more, nothing less.

To me a Predator shaft is a twiggy sounding piece of bamboo...I'll never play with one again...I had one when they first came out and it split like bamboo just below the ferrule...I thought OK musta got a bad one...I bought two more and they sound just like bamboo...as for more spin...YEAH RIGHT....I get more spin with a solid shaft...and I'm just as accurate with one...
________

Last edited:

Billy_Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I played with a house cue last night and I am still having the same problems I was having before I started using a Predator shaft (when using a conventional shaft). That is accurately shooting long shots with english and shooting shots with english when the cue ball is near a rail.

When I use a conventional shaft, I use backhand english and with this I pivot at the pivot point for that particular cue. This changes from cue to cue. So I don't know exactly where the pivot point is on a house cue and miss long shots when using english. Then can't easily pivot when the cue ball is on or near the rail because I can't use a 9" bridge. These are the problems I was having before I bought my Predator shaft.

With the Predator shaft, I can use "front hand english" because the pivot point is way back near the butt of the cue. So I can accurately shoot long shots with english and can use english easily when the cue ball is on or near a rail.

Note this is for *me*. People who have been playing with a conventional shaft for 20 years have learned how to adjust their aim when using english, so they can shoot shots with english just as well as I can. For me it was easier and more accurate to learn these shots using a Predator shaft.

So should someone who has been playing for 20 years with a conventional shaft switch to a low deflection shaft? I would think not.

Should a beginner use a Predator shaft? If they are willing to take the time to learn how to use it, then I think they could learn to shoot shots with english a lot more quickly than with a conventional shaft. Of course they should learn center ball hits (center, draw, follow) first before using any english, and then it can take a couple of years after that to learn english. But they can have successful shots when using english right off the bat. (Aim dead center for shot, then move front hand left/right to apply english, adjust aim a little for throw if cut shot.)

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
I had to go with none of the above. For league or tournament and playing at my buddies house I play with a Predator shaft and Morri slow. I call this my custom bolt on Import. Check pictures.
When I go to the bar I just use one of the 4 point Hoppe/Titlist style cues I sell. I really don't notice a whole lot of trouble switching back and forth. But the one I do use did seem special from the get go and I did have the shaft reworked a little.

Attachments

• my cue butt.jpg
    my cue butt.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 81
  • my cue forearm.jpg
    my cue forearm.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 82
  • my cue joint.jpg
    my cue joint.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 72

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Gregg said:
How is that Limbsaver working for you?

I like it a lot. Especialy in the warmer months! I play a lot at my buddies, either in flip flops or barefoot. It really saves the toes if you drop the butt down on them accidently. Oh, I think it does smooth the hit some too. I don't know? I have never really done any tests?

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
rackem said:
I had to go with none of the above. For league or tournament and playing at my buddies house I play with a Predator shaft and Morri slow. I call this my custom bolt on Import. Check pictures.
When I go to the bar I just use one of the 4 point Hoppe/Titlist style cues I sell. I really don't notice a whole lot of trouble switching back and forth. But the one I do use did seem special from the get go and I did have the shaft reworked a little.

To quote my own post, I am wondering if others play with a predator shaft sometimes and a different cue when just playing bar pool. I really don't have to hard a time adjusting.

janecki84

Professional Amateur
Silver Member
Predator Cue/Shafts

I have only owned one Pred cue in my life (Thus Far), and personally it is still my favorite cue. I live in the TN Valley (Nooga Area) where MANY are crazy about Meucci cues. If you ask most Meucci enthusiasts they would probably tell you they hate Pred shafts. Meucci players usually do so for the flex of the shaft, whereas the pred shafts are quite stiff. As usual, it's all a game of personal tastes. I bought a Z shaft with my Pred SPWU, and i hated it at first. The European taper was very hard to get used to, but after about 6 months of tasking miscues, bad english, and frustration I watched my game improve greatly. So i would have to say i stand by Pred Shafts, as for Butts... i could care less. I prefer a butt to have an interchangable weight system, and that's about the extent of it. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Chris