Is there much of a pool scene in Wheeling, WV?

I am curious if any of you have visited Wheeling (to shoot pool), or if any of you live near or in Wheeling WV?

I think that it would be a nice place to relocate to, but just curious what the pool scene is like there?

Any nice places to shoot at in the Wheeling area, and maybe any bar tournaments?

Are there strong players that in or travel to the area?

I understand that it is a small city, so I would be surprised if there was much of a pool scene there, but I do not know.

Thanks for any info about that area (if you have played pool there before).

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There also was a guy on AZ that listed his pool hall for sale he owned many years from there I talked to and seemed to really have his finger on the pulse. Sorry but don't have the info anymore but its in the room owner discussion forum here. Aside from pool, I am fairly familiar with wv and its beautiful and awesome in most respects. Lacking only in work opportunities. One of the hottest state for retirement believe it or not. Also in wheeling plenty of college chicks close by.

There also was a guy on AZ that listed his pool hall for sale he owned many years from there I talked to and seemed to really have his finger on the pulse. Sorry but don't have the info anymore but its in the room owner discussion forum here. Aside from pool, I am fairly familiar with wv and its beautiful and awesome in most respects. Lacking only in work opportunities. One of the hottest state for retirement believe it or not. Also in wheeling plenty of college chicks close by.

Thanks. Yeah, I would like to go there mainly because the scenery looks so beautiful. I think I would like it there. May not like the pool scene though, but I imagine there must be some places to shoot at there.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Yeah, I would like to go there mainly because the scenery looks so beautiful. I think I would like it there. May not like the pool scene though, but I imagine there must be some places to shoot at there.

I was just in WV a little over a week ago. While there are still plenty of rural areas the place is changing FAST. Most towns you go thru look just like any old town wherever you may be from. Very commercialized, sub divisions popping up everywhere, and a chain store on all four corners of the intersection. I have 80 acres in WV and its a mountain so I pretty much don't have to worry bout anything popping up too too close☺

budapest17

Registered
There is a place called corner pocket billiards. Pretty nice place. All diamond tables, mostly bar box and a couple 9 footers. They recently moved across the river into Ohio. Place called martins ferry. I haven't been there yet but its the same owner. You can find plenty of action in there on the weekends.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a place called corner pocket billiards. Pretty nice place. All diamond tables, mostly bar box and a couple 9 footers. They recently moved across the river into Ohio. Place called martins ferry. I haven't been there yet but its the same owner. You can find plenty of action in there on the weekends.

Yup that's the place I was thinking of.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Action is @ Roosters 21 poolroom in North Charleston, WV (Sissonville)

AndyB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There used to be turn pike Tommys in Weirton which is prolly the closest to you.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk