I wonder how the Pros can afford to travel all over the US and fly around the world.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make this easy

3 points to answer this. First, many of the pros you see travelling everywhere have sponsorships, endorsements, and backers in the places they're going to. Second, for the pros who go overseas, payouts for those world tournaments are usually much higher than "most" of the US tournaments. Granted they probably don't have auctions, but they still tend to treat the players differently in other countries. Third, if you haven't noticed over the past few years, some VERY strong players have announced retirement, or have become part time players. If you look at the yearly "tournament winnings" for most players, how many of those would even have a median level income in the US? Unfortunately players just cannot survive on tournament income alone, and need to either be in constant decent action, or constantly finishing top 3 in every tournament they play in. Realistically it just doesn't happen.

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To a large extent, players don't go overseas. Of course there are exceptions. Put some decent purses up for grabs, and they would go. Filipinos can go because if they win it's like ten years of income in their country.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The smart ones go to every online cue buying site they can find, try to get buy every cue at 50 % of value , give a sad story then resell for a big profit like the boss they are!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without even knowing what the gist of this thread i'm confident it requires a : ALERT-TROLL ALERT-ALERT. Justin's at it again.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Without even knowing what the gist of this thread i'm confident it requires a : ALERT-TROLL ALERT-ALERT. Justin's at it again.

Nah, not really. Legit question with no corporate sponsorship of pool. Really, only 2 people are going to make $$$ at any event
Jason

Btw, it isnt who puts the event on. Maybe a little, maybe