Magic rack and league play

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I have not seen anyone use these in leagues around here.

Are any of you regularly using them in league play? Does the league have specific rules for it's use?

I just got one and am thinking of taking to league games once they start back up.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not seen anyone use these in leagues around here.

Are any of you regularly using them in league play? Does the league have specific rules for it's use?

I just got one and am thinking of taking to league games once they start back up.

I know BCAPL and USAPL have no issues with using them. They are actually the "official" rack of the leagues, or were, and were used at their national events. In normal league play and most tournaments I play in, you can use the Magic Rack if you have one and both players agree to it's use, in some events the other player can't say you can't use it unless there is a rule that only a normal rack can be used. So if you want to use it but the other guy does not, he can't say that you can't use it either. You may be required to let the other player also use it if you are and the other player also wants to use it, you can't just use it and then say "it's mine, you need to use the normal rack".

Last edited:

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Template rack! (Poor Renfro) ha

I do like Chris' Accu Rack from Outsville much better though.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Ask the other player/team if they object. If they don't then go ahead and use the magic rack, measle cue ball or jump cue. If you're playing in a tournament, check with the TD first.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
As I understand it, in the APA this type of rack is permissible in weekly league play provided both players agree to it, but it is not available in LTC,s or national competition, local rules may apply.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I understand it, in the APA this type of rack is permissible in weekly league play provided both players agree to it, but it is not available in LTC,s or national competition, local rules may apply.

Pretty much the same here except...in the ltc 9 ball finals our league operator is the only one who racks and uses the magic rack. Pretty good idea I believe.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I contacted the APA front office a year or so ago and asked if the magic rack can be used in league play and was told "No".

As far as actually using it, I am pretty sure if both teams agree, nobody truly cares.

I just wouldn't try breaking it out in higher level tournaments.