Need help here

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My team is having problems.

People play very well against each other but as soon as they play league matches most of them become out of concentration, they miss easy shots and play very fast... one person does not look what to play for more than 10 seconds...
I think that some of them just want to get out of table asap...

Any advice of what to do?

This is our third year that we play for local league...

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
I'm sure they are more relaxed when playing each other. Easier to play good when you're more relaxed. I know many guys with the same problems. They can play lights out when playing for fun, but during league they tense up and their whole game suffers. It is a common problem. It's just a mental issue more or less.

Lots of previous threads on that issue in here. Do a little searching and you'll have all the info you'll ever need on the issue.

Good luck.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tell them they all play too badly for anyone to be watching them anyway so to just play and have fun and quit worrying so much.

by saying they play too badly might get them to try to prove they're good and take their mind off of it or it may make them become midly amused and have fun and not worry about it.

Either that or they'll all keep going down in rating until they get used to it and then climb back up again.

Billy_Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's see...

There are many players who will not ask for or listen to any advice.

There are a few who will practice, ask for advice, and listen to advice.

There are many league players who are there to just have fun and are not serious about their playing.

Then there are those who are quite serious about their playing.

I don't think you can do anything to help those who are there to just have fun and are not serious about their playing. Anything they are told will go in one ear and out the other.

I was in a similar situation when I first started playing league. I quickly learned there are better teams to play on. Also better leagues. So I switched to a better team which had serious players.

If those on your team are really serious and are willing to work hard to get better, then the best thing for them to do is play in as many local money tournaments as possible. Three nights a week if possible. This will teach them to be more careful. With the money tournaments, make mistakes and shoot too quickly without thinking and you are out of the tournament!

Also there tends to be better players at money tournaments. So this can make league seem a little easier - less pressure.

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they are tensing up at the thoguht of cometition. god way to help them overcome these issues is have them play in more tournements and money matches. will help them get accusomed to the fealing of competition so they can settle in and be more comfortable during those league matches.