meucci cues

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
I got to shoot a few balls with one tonight... I let him shoot my McDermott, he let me shoot with his Meucci...

#1 great looking cue... purple heart with ebony

#2 decent hit though I still prefer the McD , the owner even complimented the hit of the McD.

#3, the glaze on the wrap WTF is up with that? are they all glazed like that?

it had a linen wrap but was varnished and sealed like the rest of the butt. Is this the way they all are?

To me that defeats the purpose of having a linen wrap. I use linen to absorb moisture and provide a stable grip... I understand that others prefer a smooth grip... but if thats what you want... why get linen?? get leather or no wrap at all..

He claimed it was an $800- $1000 cue... but the workmanship was not even close to my McD. and my McD cost $500.

Is he full of it? or am I just not seeing the point?

The Cue looked great but played and felt much worse than I expected.

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
softshot said:
I got to shoot a few balls with one tonight... I let him shoot my McDermott, he let me shoot with his Meucci...

#1 great looking cue... purple heart with ebony

#2 decent hit though I still prefer the McD , the owner even complimented the hit of the McD.

#3, the glaze on the wrap WTF is up with that? are they all glazed like that?

it had a linen wrap but was varnished and sealed like the rest of the butt. Is this the way they all are?

To me that defeats the purpose of having a linen wrap. I use linen to absorb moisture and provide a stable grip... I understand that others prefer a smooth grip... but if thats what you want... why get linen?? get leather or no wrap at all..

He claimed it was an $800- $1000 cue... but the workmanship was not even close to my McD. and my McD cost $500.

Is he full of it? or am I just not seeing the point?

The Cue looked great but played and felt much worse than I expected.

99% of mooches are made with the "glaze" :D over the wrap... alot of players liked the linen look but the wrapless feel .

It is possible that the cue cost whatever the guy said.. chances are though that he quoted the "retail" price off of the website... true resale value is 20-40% less... that holds true for most everything, not just cues,

the hit of a mooch is different than most other cues.. whippy or soft is the most common used terms.

the real question that you failed to answer was .... who won....???? it dosent really matter what cue hits like what.. it matters who beats who ...