cant shoot in contacts?

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
weirdddddd

I have always worn contacts and glasses, usually contacts when it aint allergy season, glasses when it is. I have worn glasses nonstop last year or 2, got some daily disposable contacts and started wearing them and holy crap, i cant hit a shot. My cue stick looks crooked to me when im down in my stance and taking practice strokes, i reckon im not seeing things like i did. Anybody else had this happen? I used to shoot my best in contacts......now it seems to have reversed.

i wonder if over time my mind would retrain to see things the right way?

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
Did you get a new prescription, switch contact brands or something?

Two years ago my optometrist gave me a super strong prescription for my contacts that made all the balls look like grape fruits. Last year I went to a differerent optometrist who lowered my prescription and I felt like I was shooting at golf balls again. I think I need to go back to the first optomestrist:D .

Aristo

Sneaky pete freak
Silver Member
i shoot all the time in contacts, i tried once with glasses, but they kept falling off the bridge of my nose making all the balls blurry every time i leaned down to view the shot. Ever since then, i was a contacts guy. Maybe its just my glasses though, seems like its time for a new pair.

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well my prescrip did change.....im 40 now and my eyes are changing....but i can see the same in glasses as contacts, its weird

bagofpaper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just keep wearing them... I'm sure you'll get used to them.

I've always worn contacts since I started playing pool. But, I played baseball when I was younger with glasses for a long time period (8-14 years old) then switched to contact lenses (14-18 years old) and it took me awhile to adjust while hitting. Maybe a couple of weeks of practicing everyday. Things just "look" different. The best thing about contacts is your peripheral vision is so much better. At least that's what I noticed while on the baseball field.

The only problem I have with contacts these days is when they get dry or its smokey etc. Then again I never take them out so it's probably my own fault..

Good luck!

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bagofpaper is right. You simply need to allow your brain to make the adjustment. I feel the exact same way every time I switch to my glasses. In fact, I just had to go the last two days without contacts and I constantly felt like I was going to fall flat on my face.