At first I thought the 2-9 has more potential as a combo bank shot. It doesn't look all that promising as a direct combo. Meanwhile, there really isn't not a good push-out spot anywhere on the table: you'd either sell out a shot or hook yourself. Even though NvdB took a small gamble, I believe he was planing on playing safety if it got passed back.
The only way to find out is to ask him directly. Can anyone here get a quick answer from NvdB?
It looked to me as if Thomas didn't look at the 2-9 combo as a thread at all. He also chose the let NvdB to play the safety shot. As seen in video, NvdB was aiming to leave the 2 downtown towards the short rail and the CB at the opposite short rail. A good plan turned out to look like a 3 way shot at the end. Despite his luck on the 9 ball, he did park the CB good at the right spot..
This caught my eyes as I was gathering a whole bunch of youtube videos... (so far we have found about 800+ various billiard related youtube/google videos http://library.cuetable.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
Thank you all for sharing ideas. I will try to pick something a little more secretive and post another layout later (so the answer doesn't get out in the second post)
The only way to find out is to ask him directly. Can anyone here get a quick answer from NvdB?
It looked to me as if Thomas didn't look at the 2-9 combo as a thread at all. He also chose the let NvdB to play the safety shot. As seen in video, NvdB was aiming to leave the 2 downtown towards the short rail and the CB at the opposite short rail. A good plan turned out to look like a 3 way shot at the end. Despite his luck on the 9 ball, he did park the CB good at the right spot..
This caught my eyes as I was gathering a whole bunch of youtube videos... (so far we have found about 800+ various billiard related youtube/google videos http://library.cuetable.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
Thank you all for sharing ideas. I will try to pick something a little more secretive and post another layout later (so the answer doesn't get out in the second post)