A humble mechanic with a passion

jbcornerpocket

Hello everyone! My name is Josh and I've been a full-time mechanic for almost nineteen years in Maryland and the surrounding states. I love this line of work and have since day one. It honestly chose me, not the other way around. I take great pride in producing excellent work and my call-back record is practically nonexistent. Ninety percent of what I know at this point is self-taught through trial and error and observing good/great work in the field. Good/great work in this area is hard to come by though so the learning process to this point has been slow going. I've also had an account with this website/forum for almost as long as I have been doing the job. Initially, I made the account and truthfully forgot about it. That is until I fell into a wormhole on YouTube the other night watching D.I.Y. videos and most of them made me laugh. However, there was a handful of them that were truly impressive and were clearly made by professional mechanics. Those are few and far between though. After snapping out of the YouTube wormhole it reminded me about this site and I felt compelled to revisit it and look around a bit. Before I did that, I was pretty confident in my ability as an installer/mechanic. Don't get me wrong, I still am but I am constantly looking for ways to improve. Once I got here, I was sucked into an entirely new wormhole and couldn't stop reading through the forums. I am truly impressed. It made me realize I don't know nearly as much as I thought I did and it has inspired me greatly. I am determined to learn more and make my work the best it can possibly be in the process. Unfortunately, it's never occurred to me that I should take pictures of my work in progress until reading through these threads but I plan on it from now on so I can post them here. Tips, tricks, pointers, and constructive criticism are gladly welcome. Consistent progression has always been my number one goal and I look forward to speaking with and meeting you all.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Right on! And welcome. Glad you plan on contributing. Keep in mind there might be some yahoos on this site that make it their mission to piss people off and try and prove how great they are. Just ignore them and know that for every one of them, there are dozens of people who will appreciate quality posts.

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member
Glad to have you! Sounds like you have an open mind and are eager to learn, both good qualities to have here. This is a great site, I've learned more about pool here in the last few years than the rest of my pool playing life. Just wish something like this was around when I started playing.