Another shut up or put up for ye insecure kids

Poolplaya9 said:
I have seen Corey Deuel make this shot several times in person, and even a tougher version of it with the object ball a couple of inches further back from the spot. He seems to like this shot and uses it fairly often, even in matches.

I found a video of him shooting a similar shot. The object ball is off the spot a few inches making it a little easier, but the cue ball is also further from the spot and further from the side rail making it a bit tougher. It is close to a wash and overall it is fairly comparable to the spot shot version with ball in hand behind the headstring. Even if judged slightly less difficult than the spot shot version, the video should leave no doubt that the spot shot version is very doable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L85wpzf9F0

Yes, I've seen this shot. It is a nice one and anyone can make it on several tries and with some practice. Corey can put some stroke on the cue ball. I still would like to see the spot shot done by Fred. :eek:
JoeyA
 
Irish Jack & Peer

Southpaw said:
What did you guys do, meet at the poolroom at 7am?????

Southpaw

Well, you can check out this video and guess what time they might be hanging out. You would a thought the location was New Orleans or something.

That Chris guy doesn't have anything on Irish Jack or Peer? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dUyYHkm08&feature=user

I think Peer and Irish Jack would enjoy the Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street or just the Epicurean lifestyle of a typical New Orleanian. :)
JoeyA
 
cuetechasaurus said:
Wow, first try like it was nothing. That guy's a freak of nature.

Yea, and that's why we, the insecure, don't like him very much ;^)

Southpaw said:
What did you guys do, meet at the poolroom at 7am?

Well, tell you what -- at the end of the clip you'll see the owner of our ball hall playing Scramble with the rest of the nighthowls. Maybe that explains it...

bigskyjake said:
Peer, do you always dress like Goldmember?

As a matter of fact, yes. And thank you for noticing.

JoeyA said:
Well, you can check out this video and guess what time they might be hanging out. You would a thought the location was New Orleans or something. That Chris guy doesn't have anything on Irish Jack or Peer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dUyYHkm08&feature=user
I think Peer and Irish Jack would enjoy the Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street or just the Epicurean lifestyle of a typical New Orleanian.

I guess you are right, both Irish Jack and I could need some more Euro-action than what we get here in California -- hence, New Orleans might be the place (especially if you got hot chicks who ride Ducatis and play pool ;^)

-- peer
 
cuetechasaurus said:
Peer, since your friend has a powerful stroke, have him try this shot, and then post it on youtube for us to see. This I would LOVE to see.

Have him set up a spot shot. Place the cueball behind the headstring, (most people who attempt, or actually do this shot, place the cueball near the side rail).

The object is to pocket the object ball that's spotted, and draw the cueball ONE rail, and then PAST the opposite side pocket. Here's a diagram:

CueTable Help



That's basically it. If you can draw the cueball PAST the side pocket after it goes one rail, then you truly have an awesome draw stroke. It's shot with low outside, I think alot more draw then outside, but it all depends on the stroke. Not many people can do this shot, so if your friend can, he should be proud.

I had to go try this on my 7' Valley table. I got it to go above the side pocket a couple of times but I would scratch in the side pocket or hit just below the side pocket the other times. I'm thinking I would have an easier time of getting it above the side pocket on a 9' table since you could get the low to react a little more with the added space. I'll have to try it on a 9' table next time I play on one.
 
Peer said:
I guess you are right, both Irish Jack and I could need some more Euro-action than what we get here in California -- hence, New Orleans might be the place (especially if you got hot chicks who ride Ducatis and play pool ;^)

-- peer

Not many hot chicks playing pool but at Mardi Gras I know the girls like to do a lot of riding; just not sure about Ducatis. The Harley Gnarly girls make New Orleans their home. :D

JoeyA
 
JoeyA said:
Very nice shot! Thanks for posting the video Peer.

So since Chris Capp has been outted, when is he and Kimbo Slice going to have their match?
JoeyA

Yeah! Let's get a petition started. Kimbo vs. Capp. It'll be awesome!
 
Back
Top