I emailed the president of the Western BCA about phenolic tips on break cues and he said "Phenolic tips are legal". I am beginning to think this was a typo, since they are not legal at nationals or in the BCA rules. Anyone know for sure. I want to get a jump break cue for under $200 but would like to know what kind of tip to get, or whether I need to modify a phenolic ferrule/tip.
Leaning towards J&J for a cheap option, but would upgrade to a Fury, McD Stinger, Sniper, Lucasi or Poision cue if I thought it would make enough of a difference. I could always save the extra $100 for a new case, shaft (maybe a Z2 to go with my 314), or put it aside for a custom playing cue. If money weren't an option Id get a Gulyassy, but I'm not putting that much money into just a break and jump cue. (I don't want separate cues at this point, and breaking is the primary concern).
Leaning towards J&J for a cheap option, but would upgrade to a Fury, McD Stinger, Sniper, Lucasi or Poision cue if I thought it would make enough of a difference. I could always save the extra $100 for a new case, shaft (maybe a Z2 to go with my 314), or put it aside for a custom playing cue. If money weren't an option Id get a Gulyassy, but I'm not putting that much money into just a break and jump cue. (I don't want separate cues at this point, and breaking is the primary concern).