APA 8 Ball Question

daddythunda

Registered
Has anyone ever experienced a match where the other team legitimately scored a 15-0 against the other team, or know a league operator that has witnessed this? Apparently it happened shockingly enough in the final match of the session to help the other team make the playoffs.

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes a few times, multiple clean sweeps as it's referred too.
Can't say what the intention was of your circumstance but it happens legitimately at times. Not very rare.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appreciate the sarcasm, I didn’t think about that at all….
I've seen it before where one of the teams has no interest in going to Vegas, or circumstances wont allow them to go, so they basically go ahead and play the match, but give the win to the opposing team.

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It actually is quite rare. I've only seen it a couple of times since we went to multi-point scoring. It could be legitimate, or it could be completely made up, or somewhere in between. It would be up to the local LO to make that determination. I have to say, though, that 15-0 would be a stupid made up score because it immediately raises a huge red flag, so even the dumbest of cheaters probably knows to "make it look believable".

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing since the start of the scoring change and I've only seen it twice. One night my team pulled it off miraculously and the other was a team to get to playoffs. It's a fairly rare occurrence, but it can happen. The stars need to align, that's for sure.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I have seen a 13-0 before. Of course, the 15-0 is possible...I haven't heard of one in our division happening.