I know that there are quite a few regular sellers here, so I wanted to ask if anyone has noticed any trends in buyers not following through on deals here.
I know that on e-bay there is a definate increase in the number of people winning auctions and not paying. And since they changed their feedback policy (sellers can't leave negative feedback) it is only getting worse.
Along the same line, as far as Etiquette, at what point do you make the dealing public.
Here is the scenario. I posted a cue for sale and accepted an offer, I note the cue sold. The post says payment by paypal. I PM the paypal address and the buyer says he will not use paypal. I PM back that I will work with him, how does he want to pay.
Now nothing. No response. I know he read the PMs. He is just not answering.
I could understand if I rejected the offer, and then came back a week later and said OK, or even if I waited a few days before accepting the offer.
Just trying to see if this is a growing problem, or a rare occurance.
I know that on e-bay there is a definate increase in the number of people winning auctions and not paying. And since they changed their feedback policy (sellers can't leave negative feedback) it is only getting worse.
Along the same line, as far as Etiquette, at what point do you make the dealing public.
Here is the scenario. I posted a cue for sale and accepted an offer, I note the cue sold. The post says payment by paypal. I PM the paypal address and the buyer says he will not use paypal. I PM back that I will work with him, how does he want to pay.
Now nothing. No response. I know he read the PMs. He is just not answering.
I could understand if I rejected the offer, and then came back a week later and said OK, or even if I waited a few days before accepting the offer.
Just trying to see if this is a growing problem, or a rare occurance.