are these Quest Cue any good?

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
I have actually bought some Quest Cues and they are great! The cues from eBay seem to have minor, I mean very minor flaws. I guess since they are flawed the sell them cheaper. I got my first Quest cue from eBay and the others from them. I like them, great work!

...Zim

T

Toby Ngo

Zim,

what kind of flaw are you talking about? cosmetic wise or quality wise?

thanks,
toby

E

E-Licious

How are they selling these at such rock bottom prices? $100 for one of the custom series? $70 for the pro series? Granted, the selection is limited on the pro series, but it seems like they have all the custom series available. Are these just all the flawed cues from Quest that would otherwise be destroyed?

KingCarom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just remeber my fellow Billiard Brethren- You get what you pay for.
Buy a Yugo and get from A to B in a P.O.S.

By A BMW and drive in style with superior performance from A to B.

get my drift?

T

Toby Ngo

E-Licious said:
How are they selling these at such rock bottom prices? $100 for one of the custom series? $70 for the pro series? Granted, the selection is limited on the pro series, but it seems like they have all the custom series available. Are these just all the flawed cues from Quest that would otherwise be destroyed?

That's what I'm saying...it's too good to be true, and maybe it's! But on a second thought...do you think Quest, in their right business mind, will allows people to sell their flaws cues stick at a rock bottom price to ruin their reputation and the market price of their good quality stick?

E

E-Licious

This could be just a big ruse to sell lots of cheap cues. They could be making these very cheaply, and just listing them as very expensive cues. Then they offer them on Ebay at amazing prices so people will buy them up. An $800 cue that doesn't even use real ivory? And they are trying to tell us these cues are worth over $1000? I'm not so sure about these.

Zims Rack

Silver Member
I actually have 2 Quest cues from eBay and just sold the one I bought from Quest Cues. I called Quest Cues to see what was going on. They said the cues that were sold on eBay are sold by one of their employees and they ARE aware of it and gave him the Okay to do so. The cues on eBay are built the same way as the cues sold from Quest Cues, but have minor flaws. If you would like a photo of the flaw, email me and I'll reply to you with a photo or two. The Quest Cues really play fine, not a Dale Perry, Richard Black, but yet not a Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Dufferin cue type either. I would compare them to Viscotti, Helmstetter, Viking style hit to them. As far as the misleading prices goes...can't answer that. However, if I found a new Quest Cue for around what they are asking ($500) and it was flawless...YES, I'd buy it for that price!

...Zim

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
Zims Rack said:
I actually have 2 Quest cues from eBay and just sold the one I bought from Quest Cues. I called Quest Cues to see what was going on. They said the cues that were sold on eBay are sold by one of their employees and they ARE aware of it and gave him the Okay to do so. The cues on eBay are built the same way as the cues sold from Quest Cues, but have minor flaws. If you would like a photo of the flaw, email me and I'll reply to you with a photo or two. The Quest Cues really play fine, not a Dale Perry, Richard Black, but yet not a Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Dufferin cue type either. I would compare them to Viscotti, Helmstetter, Viking style hit to them. As far as the misleading prices goes...can't answer that. However, if I found a new Quest Cue for around what they are asking ($500) and it was flawless...YES, I'd buy it for that price!

...Zim
wats wrong with a dufferin....i used to shoot with a dufferin, shoots great, can't believe you put it in the same category as walmart/k-mart.....Dufferins might not be perfect in cosmetic designs etc but they shoot damn great. I can compare my old dufferin cue with cues ranging from $300-500

Zims Rack

Silver Member
Dufferin Cues are great, I too shoot with one! I use the Phantom (sneaky pete) when I go to bars or don't want to take my Prather Custom Cue inside. I was just using Dufferin because it's lower in value!

...Zim

Zims Rack

Silver Member
Quest cue flaw

This is what I was talking about with the flaw or blemish in the Quest Cues on eBay. I bought 2 cues from eBay and both have similar flaws. You can see the silver on the ring has a "little extra" silver blotch, and the points appear to have a slight gap that was filled. Any questions email me!

...Zim

Attachments

• questflaw2.jpg.jpg
    questflaw2.jpg.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,609
J

jaythedr

hey guys, I had to say i started playing with Helmstetter thought the world of it. till i hit with meucci " lock and key" then a joss. then i pick up this cue i have now in 1992 what kind??? hope i find out lol. talking about a BMW this one fells like a im in the back seat and its driving it self. its so sweet. i'll never sell this one.