BECUE Engage 11.8

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
So I just got my becue 11.8 engage shaft fitted with a HOW M tip. I was skeptical about them weighing in at 120g and it being a kind of standard, thats 4.2oz, But let me tell you that shaft is very well balanced and that weight is in the back giving the shaft a lighter feel. Also the Aurora vault plate, being its clear, it had me a bit worried about lighting and possible glair. I will honestly say there is no problem at all, what you see when you'r down on the shot is what's on the end and that is the tip. This could be different with lighter colored tips but for me the sighting is very "clear" and I have zero distraction. This shaft has a nice deep rich tone, almost like a nice old dense aged wood! I love that sound it makes and it has me excited to shoot the next shot, the shaft has great vocal feedback. The shaft is stiff but not overly stiff, it has great feedback on slow, medium or hard shots, its a tad less stiff than the REVO's I have been playing with. The 14in pro taper on the 11.8 is very comfortable for me, trust me when I say this is the smaller diameter shaft we have been missing in the carbon fiber world. The shaft is very smooth but not metallicy like some other carbon shafts. I will be experimenting more with the shaft and look forward to see what its full capabilities are, but I can already tell this shaft just feels good on every type of shot. And yes it is very low deflection and it will stand on its own with the lowest deflection shafts out there. At this point it will become brand love or user feel preference on what to choose is best for your game, but this shaft In my opinion has so many pros as apposed to cons unlike some other brands.

I'm very happy with the engage and hope to try more products from Becue in the future, I highly recommend the engage line to any player thats looking to try out something new.

Last edited:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Upon further review, I ended up not liking the HOW medium tip that I ordered on it. It was not a terrible tip by any means but something just seemed a bit off for me. I replaced it with a Black Diamond tip I had in stock, after hours of play it still felt off, if anything I felt it had more deflection issues and was getting less and less confident with spin shots. I finally Jumped to a Kamikaze Premium brown Soft tip as well as cutting down the Aurora vault plate to around an 8th of and inch. The shaft woke up and defiantly got rid of the deflection and confidence issues I was having. This shaft is truly fun to hit with and does what you ask of the cue ball. I am a harder tip guy but with this particular shaft and hard vault plate material used I believe a soft tip is a match made in heaven. My modified REVO's are staying in the bag and may not see the light of day for quite some time.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
@HueblerHustler7
Whats are the main differences you see with the engage vs's revo?

Deflection , feel/feedback, stiffness comparisons is what Im curious about.

-Slightly more Deflection than the Revo " maybe" but nothing too out of this world. I feel after my changes I made they are evenly matched
-Both shafts are known as stiff but I'd maybe say the engage is a tad less stiff. The engage had a way better taper, plus the revo 11.8's mic up at 11.98 most of the time, the engage is 11.8 on the dot.
-Fell and feedback Engage wins the win
-Sound feedback Engage takes the win

Sometimes this can be subjective, but I have had tons of Revo's in all sizes on paired on all types of cues, all I can say is I am extremely impressed with the Becue. The Becue engage just feel right!

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My apologies I meant the Becue Engage, for title. Admins change name to 11.8 engage if possible.

Just got my 11.8 engage shaft fitted with a HOW M tip. I was skeptical about them weighing in at 120g and it being a kind of standard, thats 4.2oz, But let me tell you that shaft is very well balanced and that weight is in the back giving the shaft a lighter feel. Also the Aurora vault plate, being its clear, it had me a bit worried about lighting and possible glair. I will honestly say there is no problem at all, what you see when you'r down on the shot is what's on the end and that is the tip. This could be different with lighter colored tips but for me the sighting is very "clear" and I have zero distraction. This shaft has a nice deep rich tone, almost like a nice old dense aged wood! I love that sound it makes and it has me excited to shoot the next shot, the shaft has great vocal feedback. The shaft is stiff but not overly stiff, it has great feedback on slow, medium or hard shots, its a tad less stiff than the REVO's I have been playing with. The 14in pro taper on the 11.8 is very comfortable for me, trust me when I say this is the smaller diameter shaft we have been missing in the carbon fiber world. The shaft is very smooth but not metallicy like some other carbon shafts. I will be experimenting more with the shaft and look forward to see what its full capabilities are, but I can already tell this shaft just feels good on every type of shot. And yes it is very low deflection and it will stand on its own with the lowest deflection shafts out there. At this point it will become brand love or user feel preference on what to choose is best for your game, but this shaft In my opinion has so many pros as apposed to cons unlike some other brands.

I'm very happy with the engage and hope to try more products from Becue in the future, I highly recommend the engage line to any player thats looking to try out something new.
The title has been updated, per your request. 😎

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are welcome. Back at you. 😎

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
-Slightly more Deflection than the Revo " maybe" but nothing too out of this world. I feel after my changes I made they are evenly matched
-Both shafts are known as stiff but I'd maybe say the engage is a tad less stiff. The engage had a way better taper, plus the revo 11.8's mic up at 11.98 most of the time, the engage is 11.8 on the dot.
-Fell and feedback Engage wins the win
-Sound feedback Engage takes the win

Sometimes this can be subjective, but I have had tons of Revo's in all sizes on paired on all types of cues, all I can say is I am extremely impressed with the Becue. The Becue engage just feel right!
Im on the verge of buying an engage 11.8.
I have a few more questions for you , in hopes you can help me finalize my decision .

Have you used a Z3?
If so , would you say the engage and z3 play similar? In terms of feel and deflection how do they compare?

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Im on the verge of buying an engage 11.8.
I have a few more questions for you , in hopes you can help me finalize my decision .

Have you used a Z3?
If so , would you say the engage and z3 play similar? In terms of feel and deflection how do they compare?
Yes I have played with a Z3, deflection should be similar but totally different playing shaft, taper is pro on the engage vs the conical on the z3. The engage is stiffer, but if you are trying to go carbon I can totally recommend the engage.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess Im looking for more feel out of a carbon fiber shaft.
I have the revo 11.8 , although I like the low deflection properties of it , I dont particularly care for how dead (imo) it feels .

Im hoping the engage is the balance point of what Im after.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
A quick summary would be ,,
:Engage:
has a stiffer hit and comes in a 12.3 & 11.8 tip diameter.
"Engage has been designed to offer the players a pure full carbon experience, starting from the taper, passing through the sound and arriving at its surface finish. It was born with these objectives, and after years of research and development, starting from the already excellent Prime M and using our experience in composite fiber world, we managed to get what we wanted. The Engage shaft is made entirely of unidirectional carbon fiber, with several suitably sized and oriented layers coupled together to enhance as much as possible the positive characteristics of carbon in relation to the game of billiards. The lamination used, combined with the 18” pro taper and the famous patented front end technology AURORA, offers very great rigidity and a great reaction speed to external mechanical stresses while remaining very light. This results in very low deflection, the ability to transfer great effect to the cue ball even at low speeds and great control. In order to enhance the material as much as possible, we opted for a light soundproofing, preserving the acute, metallic and almost harmonic notes of the carbon fiber, dampening and rounding off those that are too high, jagged and annoying. Pure carbon also for the finish, made pleasant to the touch, clean and smooth thanks to a careful work of sanding and polishing that makes the perceived comfort on the fingers lasting over time without the need for great maintenance. The brand new Engage shaft is not proposed as an evolution of the Prime, but as its alternative. It offers completely different features, more technical, more aggressive, designed and built not to be a copy of something else, but to be the highest expression of carbon fiber in cue sports according to Becue's interpretation."

Long explanation from becue on the ,

prime m:
"DESCRIPTION Much More Than You Expect. This carbon fiber shaft is designed to take your game to the next level, thanks to the construction technology applied to the specific type of carbon fiber used, combined with the patented front end technology AURORA, Prime M represents the perfect synthesis of performance and comfort during the game. Its low rise pro taper shape is perfect in allowing the player an optimal positioning of the hand in any type of shot. The secret of this shaft is the unique construction process: the twill carbon fibers combined with a carbon-kevlar layer to end with a Becue special non-oriented fiber carbon coating. The Prime M is the result of 10 years of research, testing and close collaboration with the best and most demanding players in the world. The main challenge was to create a very low deflection shaft but at the same time comfortable and performing in all situations. The Prime M is the result of all this. We also paid special attention to the sound of our Prime M, the result is a full and pleasant sound with every hit. Also this feature makes the Becue shaft unique"

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I guess Im looking for more feel out of a carbon fiber shaft.
I have the revo 11.8 , although I like the low deflection properties of it , I dont particularly care for how dead (imo) it feels .

Im hoping the engage is the balance point of what Im after.

Thoughts?
I am pretty sure It may be what you are looking for.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
im picking me up a prime m 12.5 soon for the regular length taper it has and the feel of the hit is close to what im used to plus no nasty noise
but was very bad finish at i had to put a glove on , my house cue player was more smooth than it lol , im gonna guess its smoother on a brand new one
i just wish it came in a bigger size