Beeswax?

bigg7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m trying to get my table together and the previous owner used beeswax on the slate but there are some chips in the slate so I’m gonna use bondo. Do I have to remove all the beeswax and if I do what’s the best way? I wish I could support my local table guy but the table and the cloth broke me. I’f recovered probably 20 tables but never seen beeswax so any help would be greatly appreciated.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m trying to get my table together and the previous owner used beeswax on the slate but there are some chips in the slate so I’m gonna use bondo. Do I have to remove all the beeswax and if I do what’s the best way? I wish I could support my local table guy but the table and the cloth broke me. I’f recovered probably 20 tables but never seen beeswax so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have always used acetone and then follow it up with 90% alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

PracticeChampion

Im no pro either but yeah it has to all be gone or else your bonding to beeswax instead of slate. Heat and sharp scraper or razor blade will rid 99% and the rest Sorry I can't help, never tried to remove the excess