Bentley Billiards Westfield MA?

Benelli

Recently bought a pool cue off an online estate auction out of Boston Mass and inside the case was a business card from Bentley Billiards. I know they closed, I'm curious if anyone can tell me when.

Thanks!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Web search.. I've been playing pool in the area since late 80s and never heard of this place, although I was playing less in the 2000s due to younger kids and work, started up pretty regularly right about the time they closed.

"He bought the building from former Bentley Billiards owner Brian E. Whiteway, now of Las Vegas, Nevada. Whiteway opened the pool hall in 2004 had sold it before it closed in 2007.

But most Westfield residents remember the building as the home of Lambson Furniture, a company that was in business for 123 years before closing in 2002.

That's why Borowski is naming the building, and the partnership that'll own it, Lambson Square.

He said he's even found Lambson's old water-driven elevator, built more than a century ago in Worcester, in the basement of the building.
"We turned the light on, and it worked," he said.

As a contractor, he tore a similar elevator out of a Northampton building a few years ago on behalf of a client. The Westfield one will probably go on display in the building's lobby.
He said other renovation work will make the building handicapped accessible, build a lobby and he said he needs to improve and repair the facade.
But he said the structure is basically in good shape with a new roof"