Best bank dvd to learn basic banks. John brumbacks?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Many good pieces of instructional material, I think the NUMBER 1 Problem is Pool is a game of skill, building skill can only be learn from practicing, different tables, and more practice.

There is a funny line about doctors doing surgery.

First time you watch, second time you do, third time you teach. No it is not that simple, being great at anything take time, effort, and practice.

chas1022

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what happened but I watched John's video for about 10 minutes one day.

From that time on, my banking improved by at least 50% or so...literally.

I'm thinking it was his pace of hit, but not sure. I'm loving it! I was just complimented on my banking the other night at league as it won me two games. I decided that lined up cross banks were easier than a straight in shot. I was right.

Good luck,

Jeff Livingston
Which dvd did u buy?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Which dvd did u buy?

It was on tube.

I don't remember which one.

What I remember is his pace of hit. After watching a few minutes, I just picked up my cue and immediately started hitting banks at the pace he did and BAM, instant success! Like I actually knew what I was doing!

Since then, I've added in the use of my aiming system (similar to Shane's) to adjust any bank that isn't dead on. The speed of hit shortens it, etc. but other than that, I'm off to the races.

My confidence thought: If a cross bank is dead on or nearly so, it's as easy as a straight-in shot. That's been proven to be almost true. True enough to make. it. pay.

Jeff Livingston

Reactions: bbb

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I have a Brumback instructional banks video - he's very good at showing how to hit particular shots, but doesn't offer much explanation of why they work like they do. I like to learn how shots work so I can apply the principles to other shots too.

pj
chgo