case that holds cues, stuff, AND a set of balls?

bhayhurst

Does such a case exist? And even better be able to hold three cues (regular, break, jump).

The only one I could find on the interwebs was an Aramith case which didn't meet criteria 2 (stuff). The Predator Urbain 3x5 might be able to hold a set of balls, but you'd have to jimmy-rig it -- it's not designed to hold balls (I think).

If there isn't a case that's designed to meet these specs, perhaps there are other cases like the aforementioned Urbain that could be retrofitted?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Would like to see what you come up with.
If someone wants to order one then we will figure out what is needed. I would probably do a padded tube where the balls are held snugly and unmoving. The tube would open at both ends for easy storage and removable. It would be attached like a pocket to the body of the case.

I also think that the cue+ball case should have a way to easily attach to a luggage cart because the balls are six pounds by themselves.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there is a market for pool ball cases and leather is so much nicer than nylon.
What’s the Aramith case cost nowadays? $60 - $75 shipped? So a nice leather case
Is likely 3-4x that, if not more. So the question is what would a nice leather pool ball
case cost? Bad choice of words since cost is irrelevant except to a manufacturer. A
better question is what would the selling price be. If you can keep it under the $300
range, I think there’d be demand for it. The case should not cost more than the balls.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
It looks like the aramith case has a couple of compartments on the left side to hold stuff. I'm sure you could keep gloves, chalk and tip tools in there. What else is needed?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does such a case exist? And even better be able to hold three cues (regular, break, jump).

The only one I could find on the interwebs was an Aramith case which didn't meet criteria 2 (stuff). The Predator Urbain 3x5 might be able to hold a set of balls, but you'd have to jimmy-rig it -- it's not designed to hold balls (I think).

If there isn't a case that's designed to meet these specs, perhaps there are other cases like the aforementioned Urbain that could be retrofitted?
If you're planning on taking your own set to a 'room just be prepared for being tagged the bigged nerd in said room. ;)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think there is a market for pool ball cases and leather is so much nicer than nylon.
What’s the Aramith case cost nowadays? $60 - $75 shipped? So a nice leather case
Is likely 3-4x that, if not more. So the question is what would a nice leather pool ball
case cost? Bad choice of words since cost is irrelevant except to a manufacturer. A
better question is what would the selling price be. If you can keep it under the $300
range, I think there’d be demand for it. The case should not cost more than the balls.
We made one for Joey Aguzin that I would put up against any famous high end brand. It was super nice and I didn't want to let it go.

I don't agree that the case shouldn't cost more than what it holds. It totally depends on the work that goes into it. I can make cases that serve the utility of holding balls relatively inexpensively or I can make one that has $500-1000 of work in it.

I actually designed a better version of the aramith one for a company that sells to aramith. But they elected to go with a much "cheaper" one. My design was then used as the basis for the ball cases we made such as the one referenced above.

Here is a video showcasing another one that made as part of a matching cue case set.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
And here is the one we made similar to the one we made for Joey.

poolballcase01-f-inside1.jpg

poolballcase01-a-front.jpg

poolballcase01-e-pocket.jpg

poolballcase01-f-inside2.jpg

poolballcase01-b-side.jpg

poolballcase01-c-back.jpg

poolballcase01-d-handle.jpg

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We made one for Joey Aguzin that I would put up against any famous high end brand. It was super nice and I didn't want to let it go.

I don't agree that the case shouldn't cost more than what it holds. It totally depends on the work that goes into it. I can make cases that serve the utility of holding balls relatively inexpensively or I can make one that has $500-1000 of work in it.

I actually designed a better version of the aramith one for a company that sells to aramith. But they elected to go with a much "cheaper" one. My design was then used as the basis for the ball cases we made such as the one referenced above.

Here is a video showcasing another one that made as part of a matching cue case set.

I just feel the contents should be worth more than the container that holds it.
A new set of Centennials is $300-$350…..so $400 is the top price I’d ever pay.

The same applies to cue cases. Spending $1000-$2000, or more, for a case that’s
carries $600-800 pool cues just seems penny wise and pound foolish in my opinion.

A pool ball case can be a one of a kind, extravagant style case, like crocodile leather.
Someone would buy it but not the general public. A collector would be willing to get
something special but not the general public. All I’m suggesting is that people would
pay more to get a better made, classy pool ball case but the selling price should not
be more than the value of its contents, unless you wanted a one of a kind ball case.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And here is the one we made similar to the one we made for Joey.

poolballcase01-f-inside1.jpg

poolballcase01-a-front.jpg

poolballcase01-e-pocket.jpg

poolballcase01-f-inside2.jpg

poolballcase01-b-side.jpg

poolballcase01-c-back.jpg

poolballcase01-d-handle.jpg
Yup, something like this is what I had in mind. It looks really nice in contrast with Aramith’s case.
The only thing I’d add is the option of having a shoulder strap but the leather & handle are great.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yup, something like this is what I had in mind. It looks really nice in contrast with Aramith’s case.
The only thing I’d add is the option of having a shoulder strap but the leather & handle are great.
We have done them with shoulder straps.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if there are readers of this thread that own their own set of pool balls and would be interested
in a case like this, come forth and post your thoughts. You do not have to own a pool table to own
a set of pool balls. I sold my table with an original set of Aramith balls but hung onto several sets of
Centennial pool balls. I’ve had an Aramith case for years and brought this very topic up probably
7-10 years ago on this Forum. I do not adequately appreciate what is involved producing a pool ball
case, or a cue case for that matter. My total orientation is based on seeing photos of cases during the
production phases. I wonder how many persons, aside from myself, would want to have a classy pool
ball carry case. Heck, imagine one that had your initials or better yet, Brunswick, tooled on the lid. IMO,
a limited run of these cases would become a piece of pool folklore years from now when I’m not around.

People would inquire….”Where’d you ever find that case?” and the response would be, as an example,
John Barton, or Brand X, made a limited run of 50 cases….(you could make less or more) …back in 2022.
My dad (or it might be “I was”) was one of the first people to order one. In fact, every decade or so, he does
the same thing but it is always a limited production. All the cases are the same except for any lettering on it.
I just think it’d be really cool to own something like this and in time, pass it along, to the next person in line.

Heck, I’m probably wrong on the price since inflation is driving up the price of everything at this point in time.
The Dollar Store just announced it was becoming the $1.25 Store. So maybe the price of the case should be
higher by $100-200. Anyway, if there are any others readers that would spend the $ to get an upscale pool ball
carry case, post your thoughts. Who knows, if there were enough interested persons, maybe in the future this
might actually happen. If not, Aramith will hopefully keep making their travel case that I now use & is pretty sturdy.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought for sure there’d be some folks that would like to own a pool ball case like John made.
Is it a question of the cost or is it more like the Aramith case already fills the bill so why bother?

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought for sure there’d be some folks that would like to own a pool ball case like John made.
Is it a question of the cost or is it more like the Aramith case already fills the bill so why bother?

Maybe you could start a thread concerning that particular subject. It's obvious that John Barton can handle that project as he's already done it.

The OP was looking for a do-it-all case, not a single-purpose pool ball case. I have no doubt that John could handle that project as well.

Keeping An Eye Out For Both,
Keith

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you could start a thread concerning that particular subject. It's obvious that John Barton can handle that project as he's already done it.

The OP was looking for a do-it-all case, not a single-purpose pool ball case. I have no doubt that John could handle that project as well.

Keeping An Eye Out For Both,
Keith
I’ve tried that in the past with little success and the absence of any replies
indicates to me not much has changed. I’ll just stick with my Aramith case.