Central N J tourn / Pittsburgh weekly tourn

Gary G

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any weekly tourn in either locations or regional
tourn in N J weekend of 4- 7/8. 4- 16/17 or tour in Pittsburgh weekend of 4- 16/17 .
Any help is appreciated. :thumbup:
 
N J tourn

Thanks for info Kaznj , I'm familiar w Sandcastle
but not w players , where are they located?
Thank for any info . :grin:
 
N J tourn /Pittsburgh tour

Thanks Kap1976 I'll look into that , is there any other
place worth going to in or around Pitt ?
 
Thanks Kap1976 I'll look into that , is there any other
place worth going to in or around Pitt ?

Looks like you're coming from FL. If so, another two hours wouldn't be out of line. I suggest Gold Crown Billiards in Erie. Easy drive from Pittsburgh and well worth the trip. Quality room, quality owner, quality players.

Roger
 
Thanks Kap1976 I'll look into that , is there any other
place worth going to in or around Pitt ?

Not really - at least as far as a hall.
Steel City and Golden Cue closed up. Think there's one out in Turtle Creek (Pinky's?), but sort of a dive.

Bowling alley or bar is about only alternative.
 
Roger O

Thanks for heads up is there any weekly tourn up that way since I'll only have couple days in Pittsburgh unless there's a tourn weekend of 15/16th, thank for info:thumbup:
 
Thanks for heads up is there any weekly tourn up that way since I'll only have couple days in Pittsburgh unless there's a tourn weekend of 15/16th, thank for info:thumbup:

Gary:
You'll have to check with the room. I don't know. I live in Connecticut but played a few times at Erie's Gold Crown when there on business. Good luck.

Roger
 
Pinkey's might have a Saturday night tourney. It's worth a trip there to see all the pictures and such on the walls. Breakers has lots of nice diamonds that were​ just recovered. The is a nice room with 8 nine foot tables in Glassport. It's called Mama Pepino's. Your best bet for tourneys is Pinkey's. There is a room in Wheeling, WV called Rookies that has lots of tourneys. It's about an hour from Pittsburgh. You can find them on Facebook. Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 
Pinkey's might have a Saturday night tourney. It's worth a trip there to see all the pictures and such on the walls. Breakers has lots of nice diamonds that were​ just recovered. The is a nice room with 8 nine foot tables in Glassport. It's called Mama Pepino's. Your best bet for tourneys is Pinkey's. There is a room in Wheeling, WV called Rookies that has lots of tourneys. It's about an hour from Pittsburgh. You can find them on Facebook. Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Might have to revisit Pinky's. And will definitely check out the other two; even if it does mean a bit of a drive.
 
Cmbeers

Thanks for info especially since I'm a fan of looking at pictures of the good ole days, do either of those rooms have food or do I need to stop n eat before checking them out . :thumbup:
 
Pinkey's does not have food. Breakers has your standard stuff. Pizza, wings, hot dogs, etc. Mama Pepino's is attached to a pizza place that has really good food. Rookies has a full menu.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 
Pinkey's does not have food. Breakers has your standard stuff. Pizza, wings, hot dogs, etc. Mama Pepino's is attached to a pizza place that has really good food. Rookies has a full menu.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It appears that Rookies (that is located at 818 McColloch St, Wheeling, WV) used to be called "S Bridge Cafe", and google maps has not updated the name of the business (Rookies).

https://www.facebook.com/RookiesWV/
 
Thanks for info Kaznj , I'm familiar w Sandcastle
but not w players , where are they located?
Thank for any info . :grin:

Players Billiard Cafe 613 Hope Rd. Eatontown, NJ.

Some pretty good players on Wednesday nights.
 
Pinky's is a great old room. Played there a lot 25 years ago as a teenager. Some of the tightest pockets too, or at least they were.
 
Back
Top