changing cue tips moori med to kamui soft?

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i put on a moori medium tip 2 weeks ago and it has very little wear.. just got a kamui soft and wanted to know if it were a good idea to carefully cut off the moori soft and put on another cue or would that destroy the moori? after what i have read here on the forum about the "K" soft, i really want to try it and don't want to wait months for the moori to wear out. but i don't want to throw away a basically brand new tip! what do ya'll think?
 
Since a lot of guys cut theirs tips down to almost nothing I dont see a problem. Use a new razer blade and cut it off as close to the ferrull as you can. You should be good to go.
 
It's your decision. I shoot with a Moori Soft. I've tried Kamui but prefer the Moori. Taking off the Moori would be a big waste of money. There's no magic bullet that will improve your game significantly (only lessons and/or practice will).
 
forgot to mention i shoot with predator 314 2. i have had more miscues with the moori than i had with the lepro...have a 10 tournement tonight and heard the "K" was better with english etc....
 
forgot to mention i shoot with predator 314 2. i have had more miscues with the moori than i had with the lepro...have a 10 tournement tonight and heard the "K" was better with english etc....

I had a gentleman cut off a Tiger Everest tip on a cue I was selling, fix the ferrule, and put that same Everest back on; it looked perfect when completed.

I switched from a Moori medium to Kamui medium and I've been very happy. I have two Jacoby Edge Hybrid shafts, one with a brown medium, and one with a black medium. They both play very well and very similar. I have a black soft I'm going to have put on as I've heard great things about it.
 
Back
Top