Chicago Rules!

9balldiva

I play like a girl
Silver Member
Donovan,

Players: You always need 4 players. Draw pills for order. Highest number racks, lowest breaks, and number in between as ordered. So, the order is A, B, C, D

Rules: Once broken, the balls are shot in numeric order (like 9 ball). The 1,5,8,10,13,15 are money balls. If Player A makes the 1 ball, and Player B makes the 5 ball, they become partners. Partners can coach eachother, talk about shots, etc. Once partners are established, the order somewhat changes. Player A and B are partners, so after Player B shoots, then Player C would shoot, then Player A again, then Player D, then B, then C...hope that makes sense. Once the rack is finished the order goes back to A, B, C, D...it is Player B's break. Basically, once partners are established they cannot shoot consecutively. If breaker scratches, any balls made spot and cue is behind the line. Any other scratches result in balls spotted and ball in hand. If a player shoots out of turn, he loses that turn, and the player who was supposed to shoot takes his shot from where the cue ball lies. Then, you will skip the guy who took the wrong turn, and continue with the order. (The player who shot out of turn only loses the turn he started, and any balls he made during that are spotted). No safes can be shot until partners are established.

Partners are established once a consecutive money ball is made (i.e 1 by Player A, 5 by Player B; 1, 5 by Player A, 8 by Player B...)

During the game you always collect your balls that you have made, and keep them separate from the other team.

Money:
Team A 6 money ball and points- Team B pays 16 each (called a snide)
Team A 5 money balls and points- Team B pays 10 each
Team A 4 money balls and points- Team B pays 6 each
Team A 3 money balls and points- Team B pays 2 each
Team A 2 money balls and points- Team A pays 2 each
Team A 1 money ball and points- Team A pays 6 each
Team A 0 money balls and points- Team A pays 16 each (called a snide)
Team A 6 money balls and no points- Team B pays 16 each (called a snide)
Team A 5 money balls and no points- Team B pays 6 each
Team A 4 money balls and no points- Team B pays 2 each
Team A 3 money balls and no points- Team A pays 2 each
Team A 2 money balls and no points- Team A pays 6 each
Team A 1 money balls and no points- Team A pays 10 each
Team A 0 money ball and no points- Team A pays 16 each (called a snide)

If Team A and Team B get 60 points and 3 money balls it's a wash...no pay!

Basically, points are worth 2 buck, and each money ball is worth 2 bucks! Simple math.

I think I covered everything. If you have a question PM me or post it here and I'll answer it!! Enjoy, and let me know how ya'll like it!!

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
THANKS!!! I'd give you more kudos but the system said I can't. :)

I am guessing you still shoot until you miss and if the breaker runs the rack, then the breaker wins without partners and everyone pays?

9balldiva

I play like a girl
Silver Member
Donovan said:
THANKS!!! I'd give you more kudos but the system said I can't. :)

I am guessing you still shoot until you miss and if the breaker runs the rack, then the breaker wins without partners and everyone pays?

Sorry, yes you shoot until you miss. If you commit a foul, they can't make you shoot again, the next guy gets ball in hand.

If one man gets ALL money balls (not entire rack), then each player pays him 16 bucks!

Koopa

Ricky
Silver Member
Ack, I was looking for something like this a few months ago when I started playing in ring games. It's great that you posted it - I think these may be the only rules for Chicago online. I definitely prefer this to trading racks of nine ball or one pocket (I never did get a good feel for one pocket).

Down here we play a little differently, but the same game. 5 money balls instead of 6 (no 13) and no safeties before or after partners are established.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must be missing something or simply can't read, but you only seem to mention money balls in describing the game, but when you pay out, you mention points as well. How do you get points. A point for the number on each ball you pocket? Later you state that each point is 2 bucks. So if you break and run out, you get $120 plus the value of making every money ball?

9balldiva

I play like a girl
Silver Member
You'll never exceed 16 bucks from each player...so, if you break and run out you will get 16 bucks from each player. If you and your partner get all the money balls and points (1 point for the one ball, 6 points for the six ball, etc etc) you and your partner get 16 bucks each...

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuenut said:
I must be missing something or simply can't read, but you only seem to mention money balls in describing the game, but when you pay out, you mention points as well. How do you get points. A point for the number on each ball you pocket? Later you state that each point is 2 bucks. So if you break and run out, you get $120 plus the value of making every money ball?

Points money appears to be for total points >=61, same as winning in 1-15 rotation. Points are the number value of each ball made.