Couple of questions

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone identify this case by chance? It is a picture of a case that an individual offered me to go with the Schon that he is selling here locally.

Also, the cue pictured here he said is a BCM. Someone mentioned that Brian Mordt posts here, was just wanting to confirm that it is indeed a BCM if possible.

Case2.jpg

Case.jpg

BCM2.jpg

BCM.jpg
 
that looks like the Instroke copy. I have one that they told me comes from the same factory. Paid about 150 new. The cue is almost certainly a BCM based on the rings and the shape of the butt.
 
Lee, thanks for the info. Hoping I can pick up the Schon and case tomorrow. He was offering the BCM for around the same price as the Schon($550), but I prefer the points/look of the Schon. I'm going to test-hit both tomorrow, and if the BCM plays better than the Schon, then I still might get it instead, just not a huge fan of the look of that particular BCM.

Either way, if the case is worth even 50 or 100 bucks, the $550 he's asking for the STL03 w/2 shafts and case is very reasonable.
 
Wondering if anyone had an idea of what the BCM might be worth? Seller is asking for right around what he's asking for the Schon, 500 I believe. I don't know enough about it to make a judgement. But if it happens to hit better than the Schon, then I suppose you get what you pay for.
 
the schon and the BCM will play different. Depends on which you like but sounds like a fair price for either one.
 
Thanks for all the feedback. I am now the owner of a Schon STL3. It's an early 90's model and I absolutely love the way it hits.

I did test the BCM, I'm not sure if it's the joint or what, but it hit a little different, and felt a bit off for me. Nothing wrong with the cue, just didn't feel right when I hit it, maybe just how comfortable I was with my old cue, and how much the Schon reminded me of it.
 
Back
Top