Cyclop-Super Pro-Cents... why no Duramith love?

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
There has been much debate about how Cyclop balls, Aramith Super Pro, and Cententials play... but I haven't really seen much about Aramith's Duramith Tournament set...?

Are they just not used often, are the disliked... why no love? lol

I am currently using the Aramith Premier set (with a red circle cueball, because the original CB that came with the set left white spots all over my table)... and am looking at getting some new balls at some point.

I am leaning toward the Cyclop, but I have always been pretty loyal to Aramith, but have yet to find much info on their Duramith balls.


thoughts?
 
I replaced a worn set of Aramith Super Pro's with the Duramith Tournament balls.
In my opinion, they play as well as the Pro's, but look better and stay cleaner.
 
Nothing at all wrong with the Duramith ball set. I just don't like the numbers, so I prefer Super Pros. A friend of mine has the Premier set with a red circle ball as well and they play just fine to me. Compared to Brunswick Centennials, I prefer Aramith. It's just my preference. I doubt you will find many places to try out the Cyclops balls.
 
I replaced a worn set of Aramith Super Pro's with the Duramith Tournament balls.
In my opinion, they play as well as the Pro's, but look better and stay cleaner.

That is my major reason for the upgrade. My Premiers play FINE... but my god they get dirty SO FAST. I have to clean them every 3 or 4 days... and that is getting really old!
 
Duramith's

We have them on our 3 Diamond Smarts and people seem to really like them. We also have Aramith Pro's and Cyclops avail. to allow people to shoot with the balls they'll play with in a Tourney. We keep the Duramith's on for league and everyday play, that's what the people preferred. Brian.
 
I just purchased a set of the Aramith Duramith Tournament pool balls. Been using them for about a week and a half. The only other balls I can really compare them to was my set of Aramith standard pool balls. They play fine to me, and they do stay a hell of a lot cleaner. Plus, I really like the way they look. And if anyone is interested.....according to my postal scale, each ball, including the cue ball, weights in at 169 grams.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top