Does anyone use a "Practice Assistant" to set up shots, keep records, etc?

FastMikie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you could say I'm lazy, but I get bored with all the stuff
involved with practice that is NOT actually stroking the cue ball,
so I figure that if I can delegate the setups and record keeping,
I can stay focused and get lots more strokes per hour,
thereby building muscle memory faster.

I think I have heard of some pros hiring kids/whoever to
assist with practice sessions in this way,
but I'm looking for more details on how to structure
practice sessions to optimize my return on time spent.

Any ideas, suggestions, stories?

Thanks!
 
As far as breaking goes, lots of people will rack for you for 30 minutes or an hour, if you do the same for them.

As far as record keeping goes, take your phone, ppc or palm pilot and just make up ahead of time your code system

i.e. 2,0,4,0 2 balls on the break 0 nine ball made (1 would be made) 4 balls past side pocket, scratch or no scratch on the break.

Translate the numbers later.
 
FastMikie said:
I guess you could say I'm lazy, but I get bored with all the stuff
involved with practice that is NOT actually stroking the cue ball,
so I figure that if I can delegate the setups and record keeping,
I can stay focused and get lots more strokes per hour,
thereby building muscle memory faster.

I think I have heard of some pros hiring kids/whoever to
assist with practice sessions in this way,
but I'm looking for more details on how to structure
practice sessions to optimize my return on time spent.

Any ideas, suggestions, stories?

Thanks!

Find someone else who is at your skill level and needs the drills as well. Now you take turns setting up the shots and shooting. Simple right?
 
Back
Top