I have always had a 7 ft home table. But now have a nice 9 footer and I have noticed a few things.
I always wondered why the pro's would leave such a angle when playing. lol Now I know.
It is huge,,,huge,,, on a 9 fter. On a 7 ft table it is much easier to get out of a straight in shot . By either drawing it 2 rails ect,,or just leaving a harder shot next.
On a 9 footer it is much more difficult to do this.Near impossible on occasions.
I can't seem to shake this and keep leaving myself straight in.lol
Another taboo of mine.
I used to play a 9fter at the pool hall. And would try to leave myself ,,"too good" on the next shot. And would get into trouble. Now that I can really test this,,,(trying to run out at home.)
I find ,,just leaving a make able shot. Even if long,,but reasonable. It is key to getting out. Of course,,you have to make these shots, but I am finding it not as hard as it seems. And much more likely(for a run out) than trying to get perfect on each ball.
I have only had this table a few weeks. Been playing pool for 20 plus years,,should have had one long ago. I'm a BB+ player and have been stuck here for awhile. Soon to move up I believe?? Still have lots to learn.
I need some drills for a 9 foot table. I really need to work on banks and safeties. Im finding it much more difficult to play safe. Not sure why,,maybe all the room on the table.
I always wondered why the pro's would leave such a angle when playing. lol Now I know.
It is huge,,,huge,,, on a 9 fter. On a 7 ft table it is much easier to get out of a straight in shot . By either drawing it 2 rails ect,,or just leaving a harder shot next.
On a 9 footer it is much more difficult to do this.Near impossible on occasions.
I can't seem to shake this and keep leaving myself straight in.lol
Another taboo of mine.
I used to play a 9fter at the pool hall. And would try to leave myself ,,"too good" on the next shot. And would get into trouble. Now that I can really test this,,,(trying to run out at home.)
I find ,,just leaving a make able shot. Even if long,,but reasonable. It is key to getting out. Of course,,you have to make these shots, but I am finding it not as hard as it seems. And much more likely(for a run out) than trying to get perfect on each ball.
I have only had this table a few weeks. Been playing pool for 20 plus years,,should have had one long ago. I'm a BB+ player and have been stuck here for awhile. Soon to move up I believe?? Still have lots to learn.
I need some drills for a 9 foot table. I really need to work on banks and safeties. Im finding it much more difficult to play safe. Not sure why,,maybe all the room on the table.