First Tournament...thoughts. (Leeg's in Greer, SC)

Missing Link

Lock N Link
Silver Member
Went to my first tournament last night...just thought I would share my thoughts.

The tournament was held at Leeg's Night Life in Greer, SC. Format was 9-ball, race to 7, with handicaps for ranking. Payout was 1000$, pay to top 3. Tables are Diamond "smart tables" The place has a concert/dance are downstairs with some Valley boxes and a "pool hall" upstairs with 6 Diamond bar boxes and a 9 ft diamond. Table prices are 7$/hr for boxes and 8$/hr for the big table. They serve a full menu and have a 20$ all-you-can drink special on house liquors.


I went as an observer/backer since I had never played in one....I will definatly be playing next week though. It was a great experience...my guy lost out in the brackets, but won the Break Contest. A Break and Run was held as well.

Entry fee's:
Tournament: 25$, 2-day tourny
Break and run: 1$ per ticket (it was a 44$ a ball payout last night)
Break Contest: 5$ per chance (3 breaks, sum wins.)

This tournament was a blast...new friends and a great time. It was well run and went as smooth as 42 shooters can go. I'm looking forward to next week...if anybody wants any info, PM me or Email me. I have to give props to Barry Moore, a cuemaker from anderson...he took the time to let us try cues and order tips for me. His work is beautiful and a great guy.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top