Focus and the "jackass-shooting-pool syndrome".

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For any 6 or under , maybe everyone 9 and under, this link is a must read.

http://www.billiardworld.com/jackass.htm

Here is an excerpt: "You make your choice for the first shot and try to concentrate on the object ball, which is, at most, only twenty or thirty yards away. As you lock your eyes on the object ball, what's left of your brain keeps playing reruns of the previous miscue. The target pocket keeps shrinking and you suddenly realize you have Parkinson's disease. At least you hope it's Parkinson's disease and not an attack of "jackass-shooting-pool syndrome".

I've never heard ,"It," described better. :rotflmao1:
 
For any 6 or under , maybe everyone 9 and under, this link is a must read.

http://www.billiardworld.com/jackass.htm

Here is an excerpt: "You make your choice for the first shot and try to concentrate on the object ball, which is, at most, only twenty or thirty yards away. As you lock your eyes on the object ball, what's left of your brain keeps playing reruns of the previous miscue. The target pocket keeps shrinking and you suddenly realize you have Parkinson's disease. At least you hope it's Parkinson's disease and not an attack of "jackass-shooting-pool syndrome".

I've never heard ,"It," described better. :rotflmao1:
This is one of the first articles I read about pool after getting on the internet. Very, very funny. Although it hits close to home (the jackass part), I especially got a kick out of the last line. He is missed.

Jim
 
Last night during and after a local 8 ball tournament, I was told that I have "nerves of steel" and that I'm "fearless" when I play. One master player shouted out into the room every time I won a game, "The unstoppable force!" Funny, that master player just happened to be the one to end my winning streak, sending me home in fourth place.... I guess he was the immovable object.
 
Back
Top