Frey SP Techno Upgrade - 314/Tiger X ? Opines please!

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys and gals. I have an old Frey SP, with a Coco joint that I love, but its threads are loosened up, so its time to get some work done. I thought that while doing this work, I'd get some matching ring work done on a techno shaft and reintroduce this cue to the 20th century. Not that the original shafts don't play well, but they just take more work to get to the same point of a techno shaft (spin/deflection/etc.). Very satisfying hit, though, so I can see keeping them about to play with occasionally. I'm leaning towards a Tiger as the difference wouldn't be as great, but many say that the 314 deuce still hits stiffly enough for them. I use the USS shaft on my other stuff (RS and LS) and have had good success with them. If you have an opinion on this quandry, I'd love you to weigh in.

Thanks in advance,
tim
 
I had a TigerX on my frey SP and ended up hating the shaft. Sold the shaft and went back to my old Frey shaft. I'd wait until the work you are having done is finished and continue shooting with the old shaft.
 
Back
Top