Have Professor-Q-Ball Website been Hacked??

billiardshot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have Professor-Q-Ball Website been Hacked??
When you Google Paul Frankel website, it show this

Professor-Q-Ball's National Pool & 3-Cushion News
This site may harm your computer.
Bi-monthly publication offering news and information on pool, with venue information and gallery.
www.professorqball.com/ - Similar

If you click on the site then you get this - site

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

This the diagnostic site below.
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.professorqball.com/&hl=en

But no problem/trouble when going to Professor-Q-Ball from USBA website

Have any receive the ProfessorQBall magazine by mail for this Month issue?
 
I have his link bookmarked it has always worked before, now I also get the warning message.

I talked to Paul today and told him on the problem. He said he will look into it.

Steve
 
What the Google diagnostic page is saying is that on 18Feb2011 four pages on the professorqball.com site were tested. Two of those pages seemed to the Google test software to be downloading and installing "malicious software" in a way that was invisible to the user, presumably along with those pages' normal user-visible content.

There are a number of ways this can happen. One way is when the site you're looking at is embedding content from a third party in the pages it hands to your browser. Presumably, the site you're looking at trusts that third party to send only specific known content. However, if the third party site has been hijacked (or is itself malicious), just about anything can be sent from the third party to your browser. Your antivirus, etc, software may or may not catch what's going on. I wouldn't be too inclined to rely on it myself. NB: I am not saying that this is what has happened in this case, only that this is a way that malicious software can be distributed.

I never had Google flag as suspicious a site I was involved with, so I don't know whether Google sends anything to the webmaster address at such a site. I rather doubt it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top