Have you tried a Wayne Holmes cue?

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I came across Wayne Holmes' Web site a few years ago. His cues look nice and are reasonably priced, but I never hear anything about them. Have you tried one or heard anything about them? Thanks.

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
I've been looking at his cues a lot in the past few months, but I too know nothing about him. I think that for the price, I'd give them a try and make my own opinion about Wayne Custom Cues!

Zim

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok i just seen his cue and just rember y i didn't know who he was by name .But when i saw his cue the frist time it came to mind was joss cues.. and for the price i'll take a joss.
Sorry but i have seen better.And know it was a ok looking cue.
just my first impression..sorry if i diss someone but that life we all can like everybodys work..

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
Zims Rack said:
I've been looking at his cues a lot in the past few months, but I too know nothing about him. I think that for the price, I'd give them a try and make my own opinion about Wayne Custom Cues!
Zim
I thought about that and might end up doing it that way. But considering the overseas shipping costs, and the hassle of putting it on eBay if I don't like it, I wanted to see if I could get some opinions.

My DZ sneaky pete should be arriving any day; it might be there when I get home tonight. Can't wait.

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hay if u going to a DZ cue .U shouldn't have to worry about some cue that looks and plays like a joss. And plus if u r overseas.There should be a lot of cue dealers out there...And u get better deals .For the cue.U just got to pay for what u like .And look out for the knockoffs..Custom cues

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
deadstroke32 said:
Hay if u going to a DZ cue .U shouldn't have to worry about some cue that looks and plays like a joss. And plus if u r overseas.There should be a lot of cue dealers out there...And u get better deals .For the cue.U just got to pay for what u like .And look out for the knockoffs..Custom cues
I don't see the resemblance between Joss and Holmes as much as you apparently do. To my eye, Holmes' cues have much cleaner styling. From what I hear, playing like a Joss isn't a bad thing.

Cheaper prices -- in Japan? Not even close. I wrote in another post about how expensive custom cues are here; they're at least double US prices.

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
O man I hear they were cheaper .Sorry to hear that .When Im looking to buy a custom cue I look at the resale and the craftmenship..And how good do thay play.
But good luck in the cue u Like .I was just trying to help...

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
Cue prices are much higher in Japan than in the US. I have some Military friends that recently spent a few years at Misawa AB in Japan and they can confirm that the prices are much higher there than in the US.

Zim

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man that bad .Hay Zim Here a long shot can u find a andy gilbert over there?If so tell me the going rate..