Help with an old Ralph Greenleaf cue

girlwon1

Silver Member
A very old man just gave me one of Ralph Greenleaf's old cues. John had it he told me since 1940. I was wondering if I put a picture of it someone could help me with kind, details, value, things like that. I think someone told me it could be a Rambow? since it is a very old cue but maybe one of the first that actually put the joint pin in the butt instead of the shaft. I actually hit with it and it hit ok! Very suprising for a very old looking cue...

Let me know if you can help or if I need to pm you with a pic (as soon as I take one...)

Thanks,

girlwon1

bogey54311

"cheese"
Silver Member
they look very much like a 2 piece willie hoppe cue.
the signature is different (of course) in the forearm.
brass piloted joint.
they come with a ivory hoppe style ring in the buttsleeve.
no rubber bumper.
colors of the veneers are usually black, orange, blue, natural...(or something close to that)
they are pretty rare, but are around to buy from time to time.

hope this helps.........

chris

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
girlwon1 said:
A very old man just gave me one of Ralph Greenleaf's old cues. John had it he told me since 1940. I was wondering if I put a picture of it someone could help me with kind, details, value, things like that. I think someone told me it could be a Rambow? since it is a very old cue but maybe one of the first that actually put the joint pin in the butt instead of the shaft. I actually hit with it and it hit ok! Very suprising for a very old looking cue...

Let me know if you can help or if I need to pm you with a pic (as soon as I take one...)

Thanks,

girlwon1

Tina,

Hal Houle was friends with Greenleaf. Don't know if knows anything about his cues but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Regards,
Koop

girlwon1

Silver Member
Koop said:
Tina,

Hal Houle was friends with Greenleaf. Don't know if knows anything about his cues but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Regards,
Koop

That helps alot. I have his address card in my email so I will email him with questions. Chris was also a lot of help. Thanks.