Help with any info on Helmstetter cue?

I am curious if anyone knows any information about the Helmstetter cue in the picture?

I am interested to know when it may have been made, the model number, and how much it retailed for.

I know that the cue is not worth much, but I am just very interested to know some info about it (if anyone out there knows any info about the cue).

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • helmstetter cue.jpg
    helmstetter cue.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 987
  • helmstetter cue 2.jpg
    helmstetter cue 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 894
  • helmstetter cue 3.jpg
    helmstetter cue 3.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 940
  • helmstetter cue 4.jpg
    helmstetter cue 4.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 928
Helmstetter

I am curious if anyone knows any information about the Helmstetter cue in the picture?

I am interested to know when it may have been made, the model number, and how much it retailed for.

I know that the cue is not worth much, but I am just very interested to know some info about it (if anyone out there knows any info about the cue).

Thanks

Your cue appears in the 3rd Blue Book of Cues on page 112. It's the model 97-7, which retailed for $260 and is listed as $185 in used MINT condition. Not a highly valuable cue, but probably worth a re-finish if it's relatively straight and has no major damage.
 
Donny,

Can you tell me the model number / year / price of my Helmstetter? I bought it new in 1987, I believe for $185. Put a new OB shaft on it last spring.
 

Attachments

  • jeff_cue_stick.jpg
    jeff_cue_stick.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 872
Hey Jeff, very beautiful Helmstetter cue. I love that design. It seems like only the VIP Helmstetter cues hold their original retail value very well, and maybe have even gone up in value. I would love to have a Helmstetter just like yours.

Donny,

Can you tell me the model number / year / price of my Helmstetter? I bought it new in 1987, I believe for $185. Put a new OB shaft on it last spring.
 
Thanks a lot for the info Donny. I was hoping it had a higher retail value. I thought that they were a little pricier than that, but I guess it is still a good quality cue. I do not think it is worth a refinish (too expensive). Thanks.

Your cue appears in the 3rd Blue Book of Cues on page 112. It's the model 97-7, which retailed for $260 and is listed as $185 in used MINT condition. Not a highly valuable cue, but probably worth a re-finish if it's relatively straight and has no major damage.
 
Can anyone tell me if the threads are piloted 5/16x18 or 5/16x14? This has always been confusing to me, because I could never tell the difference. Thanks.
 
Thanks for the comments Justin. The cue is still in very good shape for being 25 years old; it's always stayed in a case when I'm not playing. It sat on a shelf for most of 15 years until I got back into the game 18 months ago. My first though was to buy a new custom cue. Then I realized how much of a pain it is to find a good custom cue maker and actually get a cue from them. I ended up re-falling in love with my original cue.

Regarding the thread type, I originally posted that pic last year asking the same question. Turned out to be 5/16x18 (5/16" diameter and 18 threads per inch).
 
Not 97-6

Your cue appears to be the 97-6 (that I found in the link below).

http://bluebookofpoolcuevalues.com/...d=ADAM_CUSTOM_CUES_HELMSTETTER_97_SERIES_CUES

I do not have a blue book, so I do not know the prices of any of these cues. Very beautiful cue (the 97-6).

A close look at the 97-6 in the Blue Book reveals two rings in butt cap without the inlays between, and a stainless steel shaft.

I believe the cue in question has plastic or other non-metal joint.
I think it's a much nicer cue than the 97-6. Sadly, it's not showing anywhere in the Blue Book.
 
It sure is a super sweet looking cue (much nicer than the 97-7, in my opinion). Would love to have a Helmstetter cue with those inlay features.

A close look at the 97-6 in the Blue Book reveals two rings in butt cap without the inlays between, and a stainless steel shaft.

I believe the cue in question has plastic or other non-metal joint.
I think it's a much nicer cue than the 97-6. Sadly, it's not showing anywhere in the Blue Book.
 
No doubt

The cue you have is from the"86 Series", NOT the 87 or 97 line as alot have claimed. The 86 Series had that particular ringwork and had a steel joint, as the 87 Series had the white implex (plastic) joint. Your cue sold new for around $550, and wholesaled for around $300. Still a super nice cue. If you decide to sell, let ne know, thanks!
 
Back
Top