There have been a zillion threads about differeing systems some of us use. I have been tweaking my game using what I think is a basic understanding of Hals system that I hyjacked here and from Spiderweb. This post is to help you all that are just learning the system and might be having trouble figuring out some of the shots.....here's what I do.
I cut the OB into 4 slices....down the middle in half, then cut each half in half. I aim using the outside edges of the CB (I don't like using the center of the CB), and align it with one of my 3 dividing lines.....3 dividing lines makes 4 pieces of the OB. That is what I use on about 85% of shots. The rest of the shots fall into a specialty catagory of mostly real thin cuts aiming for an "1/8th" ball hit.
Now, it may sound too simplistic to only have a few aiming points, but here is where the system REALLY works well if you understand it. Each aim "slice" has actually 3 shots built in.
shot 1 is center axis no side spin.
shot 2 is inside or outside as needed with basic spin 1 or 2 tips.
shot 3 is inside or outside as needed with max spin +2 tips.
so, on lets say a basic cut shot to the left where you would use left side of CB to first dividing line in from left side of OB and no spin.....you could also aim left side of CB to left side of OB AND 2 tips of right spin to make the ball.....you could also use the left side of CB and CENTER dividing line on OB and 2 tips left spin to make the ball......
This is the part of the "sectioning the OB aiming system WITH SPIN" that took me the longest to figure out. I should have taken Hal up on the invite to his house when I had the chance....the learning curve would have saved me a year of work!
....I'm kinda stubborn.
So, if you are trying to learn or use the above system, remember there are multiple shots for each section of the OB.....I like doing it this way instead of sectioning the OB into 8 or more pieces....easier to see for me.
If you all use something like this but see it different then I do please let me know, I'm always trying to learn something new.
good luck,
G.
I cut the OB into 4 slices....down the middle in half, then cut each half in half. I aim using the outside edges of the CB (I don't like using the center of the CB), and align it with one of my 3 dividing lines.....3 dividing lines makes 4 pieces of the OB. That is what I use on about 85% of shots. The rest of the shots fall into a specialty catagory of mostly real thin cuts aiming for an "1/8th" ball hit.
Now, it may sound too simplistic to only have a few aiming points, but here is where the system REALLY works well if you understand it. Each aim "slice" has actually 3 shots built in.
shot 1 is center axis no side spin.
shot 2 is inside or outside as needed with basic spin 1 or 2 tips.
shot 3 is inside or outside as needed with max spin +2 tips.
so, on lets say a basic cut shot to the left where you would use left side of CB to first dividing line in from left side of OB and no spin.....you could also aim left side of CB to left side of OB AND 2 tips of right spin to make the ball.....you could also use the left side of CB and CENTER dividing line on OB and 2 tips left spin to make the ball......
This is the part of the "sectioning the OB aiming system WITH SPIN" that took me the longest to figure out. I should have taken Hal up on the invite to his house when I had the chance....the learning curve would have saved me a year of work!
So, if you are trying to learn or use the above system, remember there are multiple shots for each section of the OB.....I like doing it this way instead of sectioning the OB into 8 or more pieces....easier to see for me.
If you all use something like this but see it different then I do please let me know, I'm always trying to learn something new.
good luck,
G.