I beat him out of his SHOES!

Me and a guy named Craig Rienman went to Mobile for the day. We stayed there all day till about midnight and I ended up losing 400 my half.......and Craig lost 400 too. So we drive the hour long ride back home..........not real happy. We get back to the local pool room here in Pensacola and it is dead.......only 3 people in the place. We were hoping some of the usual fishes were around to recoupe some of our losses. The only guy there that gambled was a young kid that played pretty good, but wouldn't bet but 2 bucks a game....maybe 5 if he had some cash. He just liked to play for the practice.......playing a player that was better than him. He only gambled because the players that played better than him all gambled, and wouldn't play for fun. As soon as he saw me he wanted to play some for 2 bucks a game. I said you gotta be kidding! I am down 400..........been playing $200 races to 7..........2 bucks NOPE! I was joking when I said it but I told him I would play him a set for his Brand NEW NIKE'S, over $100 worth of shoes easy. He laughed, then had a look of deep thought.................then he said OK! We worked out the spot...............and I swear......I EVEN TRIED HIS SHOES ON....to make sure they would fit. Needless to say I won...............He reluctantly took his shoes off and gave them to me...............AND THE BEST PART WAS US WATCHING HIM WALK OUT OF THE POOLROOM IN HIS SOCKS WITH A GOOFY GRIN ON HIS FACE! They razzed him for motnhs at the poolroom after that!

Last edited:

Porter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a kid whose mom worked where they sold nike stuff and he lost several pairs and a couple of nice shirts. Even lost his socks one time. That is a gambling problem there.

I did not do it!

This kid I beat, his parents were rich as could be. He had been hounding me about buyin my Southwest. The one I had at that time had 2 veeners in the 6 points....a little more fancy then the one I have now. But anyway............One day he walked in and handed me 900 cash.....in 10's and 20's. I had told him for 6 months I would take 900.......just never thought he would buy it. BUT HE DID!

T

thewolf

hey table... play much??.. im gonna be in ur area soon maybe we can get together and try a few sets for some $$$$... whats ur room name?, and what do u normally play for?
:):):).. thanks

I quit playin about 3 or 4 years ago, But am trying to get back to playing. Plus I am going to califonia on the 10th or so. But if your looking for a game I might be able to find you some action. .......Tough or easy........Send me a PM! I still no people that know people. LOL!

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gambling

My husband's apa team went to vegas. One night one of the players got into gambling, lost all of the money he brought and even lost his very expensive pool stick.

Gambling can really be a trap unless a person has the money to throw away in my opinion. I wonder if any gamblers ever come out on top over the long haul. I know some great players, gamblers who once made money and now live out of their cars and such

Yeah but those people would be living in a car anyway......lol. If it wasn't gambling that did it, It woulda been something else. It is the person, not the gambling.........it just happened to be gambling that took them out. I know people that gambling for a living and do good..........and I know a few that had to get jobs.

maximillion

justa strokin!
Silver Member
I only gamble with money that Ive made gambling anyways, if I ever get busted I start from the bottom again, small easy games for chump change can add up for you to get back in, paycheck money isnt for heavy gambling