this is about the dumbest post I have ever made in 9000+ posts over the past 3 years and 11 months here on AZB.
Years ago 86-87 I used to put a condom(rubber grip on a cue I had because I didnt like the wrap) Just the regular roll on roll off carom cue rubber grip.
A couple of years ago I bought a 30 year old Shuler carom cue:grin::grin:, it might be a little older or younger, either way its a old cue-I love it. I havent used it much because there wasnt a carom table handy and I'm mostly a pool player anyways. But I love this cue and its a bit slippery and I have wet hands, its not wrapped.
Ok to my point I bought 2 wraps for it a thin one and a medium one, I remember I didnt like the thicker one to much because it made the butt too fat, So I just bought the 2 I thought I liked the feel of-I wasnt concerned about the color.
I got them delivered in Vegas and the cue has been at my home in LA for the past 2 years. I finally remember to bring the grips with me, actualy we have a GREAT new carom room in Vegas-WOW what a room:grin:. So the cue is moving today to Vegas. I get my grips out and what do you know I forgot the easy way to install them. I saw a video on youtube that showed a guy putting on the rubber over the butt in 20 seconds. I fiddled around for 45 minutes and now have a blister the size of the moon.
I remember back in 85 or 86 the same thing happened to me, until was taught how to out it on and take it off. I just forgot how....
I cant find the video on youtube.
I also like the coarse side in and the smooth side out, which is backwards-but i just perfer that, I tried like crazy with the thin one and couldnt get on.
I'm certain I'm the worst billiards player on this forum 2 is my best in 3C without coaching and 6 in straight rail. But thats cool becaue I love the game and I can only get better, my pool game in MUCH stronger(i made 53 spot shots behind the head string with out a miss years ago), i might could do better than that if i practiced it-point it I can play a little so long as there are pockets. I need to learn billiards for my 1P game and am very motivated.
Now with the new room in Vegas so close to my house i'm going to start playing daily and its next door to Golds Gym so when i'm done playing billiards can go do cardio. I am dropping 20 pounds over the next few months. It's great to be so close to home and have the billiard room and gym next door.
I saw that youtube video, can someone please help me find it??? Please, I just forgot how to put my rubber on
. Safe billiards is important, where as unprotected Billiards can lead to a lot of responsibility that i'm not ready for.
thanks in advance,
eric
sorry for the long post just practicing my typing.:smile:
Years ago 86-87 I used to put a condom(rubber grip on a cue I had because I didnt like the wrap) Just the regular roll on roll off carom cue rubber grip.
A couple of years ago I bought a 30 year old Shuler carom cue:grin::grin:, it might be a little older or younger, either way its a old cue-I love it. I havent used it much because there wasnt a carom table handy and I'm mostly a pool player anyways. But I love this cue and its a bit slippery and I have wet hands, its not wrapped.
Ok to my point I bought 2 wraps for it a thin one and a medium one, I remember I didnt like the thicker one to much because it made the butt too fat, So I just bought the 2 I thought I liked the feel of-I wasnt concerned about the color.
I got them delivered in Vegas and the cue has been at my home in LA for the past 2 years. I finally remember to bring the grips with me, actualy we have a GREAT new carom room in Vegas-WOW what a room:grin:. So the cue is moving today to Vegas. I get my grips out and what do you know I forgot the easy way to install them. I saw a video on youtube that showed a guy putting on the rubber over the butt in 20 seconds. I fiddled around for 45 minutes and now have a blister the size of the moon.
I remember back in 85 or 86 the same thing happened to me, until was taught how to out it on and take it off. I just forgot how....
I also like the coarse side in and the smooth side out, which is backwards-but i just perfer that, I tried like crazy with the thin one and couldnt get on.
I'm certain I'm the worst billiards player on this forum 2 is my best in 3C without coaching and 6 in straight rail. But thats cool becaue I love the game and I can only get better, my pool game in MUCH stronger(i made 53 spot shots behind the head string with out a miss years ago), i might could do better than that if i practiced it-point it I can play a little so long as there are pockets. I need to learn billiards for my 1P game and am very motivated.
Now with the new room in Vegas so close to my house i'm going to start playing daily and its next door to Golds Gym so when i'm done playing billiards can go do cardio. I am dropping 20 pounds over the next few months. It's great to be so close to home and have the billiard room and gym next door.
I saw that youtube video, can someone please help me find it??? Please, I just forgot how to put my rubber on
thanks in advance,
eric
sorry for the long post just practicing my typing.:smile:
Last edited: