Kersenbrock cue value?

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Kersenbrock cue, which I've owned for 10 years. I bought it used from a guy when I was having my Southwest made. The guy I bought it from had sent it to Jerry Franklin (Southwest) to have shafts made. Apparently, the original shafts were lost or damaged. While he had it there, Jerry confirmed it was a Kersenbrock cue.

In any case, I love the cue, but I could use some extra money now, so I'm looking to sell it. But I don't really have any idea what it's worth in today's market. It's a staggered 6 point cue, with Hoppe style butt plate, made of tulip wood butt and points, curly maple wrap area, maple front, with 2 shafts. It's a beautiful cue, in great playing condition, hits superbly (much like a Southwest), though it has a fair number of superficial dings.

Any idea who I could contact to find out what it is worth, or can anyone speculate on its worth?

tedkaufman said:
I have a Kersenbrock cue, which I've owned for 10 years. I bought it used from a guy when I was having my Southwest made. The guy I bought it from had sent it to Jerry Franklin (Southwest) to have shafts made. Apparently, the original shafts were lost or damaged. While he had it there, Jerry confirmed it was a Kersenbrock cue.

In any case, I love the cue, but I could use some extra money now, so I'm looking to sell it. But I don't really have any idea what it's worth in today's market. It's a staggered 6 point cue, with Hoppe style butt plate, made of tulip wood butt and points, curly maple wrap area, maple front, with 2 shafts. It's a beautiful cue, in great playing condition, hits superbly (much like a Southwest), though it has a fair number of superficial dings.

Any idea who I could contact to find out what it is worth, or can anyone speculate on its worth?

kersenbock umm I would have to say about a $150 bucks ok i give ya $200 when ya going to ship it. LOl I say your cue is worth about $1,200 to $3,000.jmo

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
matthew staton said:
kersenbock umm I would have to say about a $150 bucks ok i give ya $200 when ya going to ship it. LOl I say your cue is worth about $1,200 to $3,000.jmo

About three years ago at the DCC Ron DeRuda had a booth next to mine with about a million dollars worth of exotic cues for sale, mostly on consignment. He said that Dave was only making about 6, high end cues a year. He pulled out a Sneaky Pete that Dave made with a price of 4,000.00. He commented that Dave built the cue so that he could say that he built cues affordable to all. LOL
Dick