Lil John caught with hand in 'cookie jar"

Do you think they were guilty ?

• Do you believe polygraph reliable ?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Do you think this will start a trend ?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • What should the stakehorse do ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
N

nosy rosy

:D Lil John the youngster from Mississippi who claims to have lost more money than any pool player in the country, has
been caught in a conspiracy to dump a New Orleans stakehorse
for more than $20,000 as the stakehorse made him and a player from Texas take a lie detector test in order to be paid an additional $5,000 and both John and the Texas player failed the lie detector which was given by a well know polygraph- police executive in Baton Rouge , Louisiana. Stay tuned stis will get better or go to Nola.com/forums/billiards & pool and read some of the most unbelievable posts ever. This may start a new trend in the billiard gambling world as more stakehorses realize that most of the matches with some rather well known players are actually fixed. I work at a pool hall in New Orleans and Lil John and the Texas guy better stay out of here as their names are MUD !
Nosy Rosy

There is a reason why those lie detectors are't admissable in court. They don't always tell the truth! I sure hope this was a misunderstanding with lil john...........but time will tell. And......like this would be the 1st dump that's happen in New Orleans. Or.....Anybody remember the Las Vegas debocial were Mike Lebron wins an invite tourny.......With every champion there! Mike Lebron at like 99-1 odds wins it all!

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love to watch good pool action! Having said that, anyone that does the stakehorse thing has got to be:
1. Doing it because they have a lot of money and they like the action as much as I do and don't care about losing the money or 2. They are just plain stupid.

Most of the stakehorses I've seen over the years give the player 50% of the winnings. The stakehorse usually pays the time and absorbs all the losses. That's the dumbest arrangement I've ever heard of. You hear stories all the time about stakehorses getting "cut up" by the players so why do people do it? If the first case scenario applies to this stakehorse, he should just write it off on his taxes and forget about it. If the second scenario fits, well hopefully he'll learn something if he isn't too stupid.

As long as there have been stakehorses there been guys that will chop them. Unfortunatly......you swim at your own risk! Not sure about anybody else......but if I stake somebody it is because I trust them enough not to throw me in the well!