Mac iMovie vid upload to Utube.....how?

Look for Share in the iMovie toolbar, then select Youtube in the drop down menu. You'll be prompted to supply your youtube id/pw.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2013-02-27 at 1.28.36 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-27 at 1.28.36 AM.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 119
Look for Share in the iMovie toolbar, then select Youtube in the drop down menu. You'll be prompted to supply your youtube id/pw.
That sounds pretty straight forward to me. I had no idea since I don't own a MAC computer that you could upload straight to YouTube in the iMovie program menu. This is interesting to me because I plan on buying a MacBook Pro in the near future. Thanks for the information.

James
 
Wanting to post a 42 min vid. Downloaded it from my Sony HD camera to my Mac into iMovies. It's been a nightmare trying to figure this out as my computer skills aren't that great. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thx.


DTL
duplicate post on 14.1 forum


Pretty sure you want to follow: File>Finalize Project

Then under share just export it to your desktop.

This will take some time.

Finally just go to YouTube and select it from your desktop for upload.

It will take about 5 hours for an HD video that long. Make sure you set the energy saving settings on your Mac to never until it finished otherwise your computer might go to sleep and interrupt the process.

Hope this helps Ty. You going to the SBE?
 
Let me know when you get your macbook pro. Apple discontinued Final Cut Pro 7, a professional grade editing software. I'll show you how to add ProRes422 codec to iMovie without having to install Final Cut Pro 7. Its alot less lossy than Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC).

That sounds pretty straight forward to me. I had no idea since I don't own a MAC computer that you could upload straight to YouTube in the iMovie program menu. This is interesting to me because I plan on buying a MacBook Pro in the near future. Thanks for the information.

James
 
Back
Top