McDermott GS Cues -- Where's the Love?

Logandgriff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott GS cues have a 3/8x10 wood-to-wood joint and a solid maple shaft with a long traditional ferrule. This joint, shaft and ferrule combination is found on quite a lot of custom cues today. The GS comes with a lifetime warranty, a lifetime maintenance plan and for $328.00 you can have one at your door in 3 or 4 days. The workmanship is fine. And if you need it fixed, McDermott will get it back to you in a crazy short time and treat you kindly. I've played with one and it feels much like a lot of the custom cues I've played with. So I wonder why these aren't wildly popular.
 
I really like the way the double wash green stain one looks. I could see myself buying one some day.

Average Joes Pool on youtube reviewed this (in blue double wash stain) and had nothing but great things to say about the cur.
 
I bought a low-end McDermott cue with a maple shaft 20 years ago and it is still my playing cue. No warp in the shaft. Butt rolls true. Joint remains tight. Nothing fancy, but I have never been able to blame any of my many missed shots on this cue.

McDermott is not as active compared to other brands in sponsorship or advertising, so they fly under the radar. But if you want a cue made in the USA at a reasonable price, they are certainly worth a look, IMO.
 
McDermott GS series.jpg

McDermott GS cues have a 3/8x10 wood-to-wood joint and a solid maple shaft with a long traditional ferrule. This joint, shaft and ferrule combination is found on quite a lot of custom cues today
I've played with one and it feels much like a lot of the custom cues I've played with. So I wonder why these aren't wildly popular.
McDermott needs to say something like your comments in its GS cue description:
 
Sorry no love…
Who cares about old school shafts? Low deflection shafts have been around for 30 years, I won’t play with a standard maple shaft… I have many of them and sometimes for the kick of it, I’ll hit a few balls with them but for serious play, it's LD shafts only.

Second, can’t add extension to their cues (except for the H series), which in today’s world it’s a big no no.

I know that Americans love USA made products and I solute such approach but at the end of the day, the benefits should go both ways. Would you buy such a cue at this price if it was made in China?

You can get today so much more for $400
 
Last edited:
Back
Top