need advice on retipping a carom cue

John B

Registered
I am contemplating purchasing the Eddie Merckx Emme4 made by Longoni. I need advice in finding a cue maker who can replace the tip on this shaft. I currently have a wood on wood jointed cue and I know it takes a special tool screwed on to the back of shaft to fit it on the lathe. The Merckx cue has a metal VP2T quick-release joint and looks kind of special. I don't want to have to send the shaft half way around the world to get it retipped.
This is a pricy cue at over $1000 does anyone out there have an opiion on it? I live in Jacksonville,Fl.
 
VP2T joint by Longoni = verrry similar to uniloc ;) . shouldn't be a problem for any local repairman .
I am contemplating purchasing the Eddie Merckx Emme4
that's a very nice cue, classy.
 
Last edited:
Hi, In my opinion only Longoni makes that kind of job with perfection. I understand you are in the States, but why don't first of all send an e-mail to Longoni. I'm sure they will give you an answer, and then you go from there. My experience tells me that those kind of changes are always difficult, and after a mistake...
 
Any reputable cue maker or installer can do this job. If they don't have a way to thread onto the pin they can make it in about 10 minutes. Seen it done. Additionally the shaft doesn't have to be held by the pin.
 
Back
Top