New predator chalk

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody have any info on this? I didn’t hate the old chalk it was just messy as hell.

Attachments

• IMG_5146.png
    IMG_5146.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 69

Zerksies

They mentioned or hinted something months ago about the product. Apparently it's a clean chalk, but has three diffirent hardnesses.

Zerksies

Old tread from months ago

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old tread from months ago

I forgot all about it

hlymnstr14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've Have Taom green and blue, Kamui Roku, and now the Predator Pure (and every other piece of chalk). I got the sampler pack which has Soft, Medium, Hard. I'm assuming that is for the different hardness of tips. I only unboxed and played with the Soft. The predator pure chalk is the best chalk of the 3 high end chalks. not by leaps and bounds, but I do like it the best.

and yes, I realize $30 is too much for chalk, but I'm just reviewing the quality. I like all these chalks because they aren't as messy as the Master, etc. And you really do only need to chalk about about every 7-10 shots with the Predator Pure. It's a great piece of chalk and the design is much better ergonomically than the Taom.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've Have Taom green and blue, Kamui Roku, and now the Predator Pure (and every other piece of chalk). I got the sampler pack which has Soft, Medium, Hard. I'm assuming that is for the different hardness of tips. I only unboxed and played with the Soft. The predator pure chalk is the best chalk of the 3 high end chalks. not by leaps and bounds, but I do like it the best.

and yes, I realize $30 is too much for chalk, but I'm just reviewing the quality. I like all these chalks because they aren't as messy as the Master, etc. And you really do only need to chalk about about every 7-10 shots with the Predator Pure. It's a great piece of chalk and the design is much better ergonomically than the Taom.
I might have to spring for the 3 piece set lol thanks for the review

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Isn't taom making this new chalk for predator?

hlymnstr14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because it’s not round?
yes, it's a little wider and shorter, 8 sided. and it does look exactly like the Taom, I'll concede that! 😁 The Taom easily slips out of your fingers and if that happens, it rolls everywhere and finds its way in a pocket alot. Luckily Diamond tables give you access to the guts of it or eventually it comes out with the balls.

I took pictures of the Taom, Pure, and Kamui for comparison. Then I also included a picture of my pool room for no reason pertaining to this conversation. :cool:

Attachments

• 20230921_105148.jpg
    20230921_105148.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 20230921_105210.jpg
    20230921_105210.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 20230921_105244.jpg
    20230921_105244.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 20230921_105436.jpg
    20230921_105436.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 136

Darkwing

i just received the 3 pack from Cuestix. Because I use V10 I went straight for the Hard green. Cost was 62 US so I have to sell for 30 CA each to make a dollar or two. Ergonomically it's a better chalk. Like V10 it's clean. Is it worth the difference? Like everything 'predator' it's debatable. I don't see a difference between the hard med and soft other than color.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
i just received the 3 pack from Cuestix. Because I use V10 I went straight for the Hard green. Cost was 62 US so I have to sell for 30 CA each to make a dollar or two. Ergonomically it's a better chalk. Like V10 it's clean. Is it worth the difference? Like everything 'predator' it's debatable. I don't see a difference between the hard med and soft other than color.
$20 per cube of chalk? Really no "debate" there. Simply not worth it, when you can watch a pro play multiple matches without miscues using Masters.

People need to spend more time on their strokes and less on finding equipment/chalk magic bullets.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$20 per cube of chalk? Really no "debate" there. Simply not worth it, when you can watch a pro play multiple matches without miscues using Masters.

People need to spend more time on their strokes and less on finding equipment/chalk magic bullets.
Omg! Omg $20! For something that lasts me for a year and a half! im spending $1.67 a month on a piece of chalk that I use every day! I had no idea ! My retirement is now completely screwed because of this terrible financial decision! Thank god you warned me !
In other news I never compare my self to what pros do. Pro golfers play with blades but my 17 handy cap ass is gonna keep playing with cavity back clubs… cause I ain’t them.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Something else that occurred to me after I posted about this this morning made me chuckle.
We play a game where we spend 1000s of dollars for cues that a cheap $75 cue would be fine.
we pay 100s if not 1000s of dollars on cases when a cheap $50 case would do just fine.
But spend a lousy $20 bill on a piece of chalk you like and omg you’re being ripped off ! You’re wasting money! People lose their mind 😂

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Something else that occurred to me after I posted about this this morning made me chuckle.
We play a game where we spend 1000s of dollars for cues that a cheap $75 cue would be fine.
we pay 100s if not 1000s of dollars on cases when a cheap $50 case would do just fine.
But spend a lousy $20 bill on a piece of chalk you like and omg you’re being ripped off ! You’re wasting money! People lose their mind 😂
I mean, c'mon, the pro's don't need those $1000 cues to shoot as well as they do, right? They can shoot that well with pretty much anything... ;)

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am a V10 user. Love it on any and all playing tips. But, on my Gulyassy Sledgehammer, I prefer the lipstick Kamui. It covers phenolic; V10 doesn't