New Sheriff knocks it out of the park

restorick2378

Registered
A couple of years ago I was looking for a different cue. My McDermott was OK, but I knew there were custom options out there that wouldn't break the bank.

I came here and in short order I found a cue built by Dave Rubalcava (newsheriffintwn). The look was simple, but very unique to my eye as it had a copper joint and copper rings. I bought the cue used and fell in love with the look and feel. It got tons of compliments from other players, especially after Dave re-engineered the butt to accept a quick release extension that he built to match the cue.

Fast forward to today. I received an early Christmas present from Dave. A 60" cue, split 30-30. Simple, elegant design with his trademark ringwork and just a hint of teal bling. Kielwood shaft and an 8" matching extension. Finished with a brown/black stacked wrap and Kamui soft tip.

I opened the box and found his typical care in protecting his work was just the first hint as to how outstanding this cue really is. In spite of me reaching retirement age in October, I opened the box with the excitement and anticipation of a kid.

Throughout the build process, Dave sent photos of the progress. They were excellent, but no way did they capture the beauty of his design. He said he wanted to do something special, and the 2022 logo is the sprinkles on the ice cream!

Over the lunch hour I went downstairs to hit a few. It was outstanding! I've been playing with carbon fiber and have enjoyed it, but the kielwood is a notch above that. The balance and weight were exactly to spec, and when I hit a few with the extension attached, I didn't feel I needed to adjust my stroke or bridge to accommodate. Smooth as silk.

Dave was fantastic to work with, offering options and often anticipating my desires before I could communicate them. He's a true craftsman with a fantastic eye for design. His communication with me was top notch, and I can't tell you how much I appreciated his candor and suggestions throughout the 2 month process.

Take a look for yourselves.

Thank you for everything Dave! A fantastic early Christmas present!!!

thumbnail (14).jpg
thumbnail (16).jpg

thumbnail (12).jpg
thumbnail (11).jpg
thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 61

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A couple of years ago I was looking for a different cue. My McDermott was OK, but I knew there were custom options out there that wouldn't break the bank.

I came here and in short order I found a cue built by Dave Rubalcava (newsheriffintwn). The look was simple, but very unique to my eye as it had a copper joint and copper rings. I bought the cue used and fell in love with the look and feel. It got tons of compliments from other players, especially after Dave re-engineered the butt to accept a quick release extension that he built to match the cue.

Fast forward to today. I received an early Christmas present from Dave. A 60" cue, split 30-30. Simple, elegant design with his trademark ringwork and just a hint of teal bling. Kielwood shaft and an 8" matching extension. Finished with a brown/black stacked wrap and Kamui soft tip.

I opened the box and found his typical care in protecting his work was just the first hint as to how outstanding this cue really is. In spite of me reaching retirement age in October, I opened the box with the excitement and anticipation of a kid.

Throughout the build process, Dave sent photos of the progress. They were excellent, but no way did they capture the beauty of his design. He said he wanted to do something special, and the 2022 logo is the sprinkles on the ice cream!

Over the lunch hour I went downstairs to hit a few. It was outstanding! I've been playing with carbon fiber and have enjoyed it, but the kielwood is a notch above that. The balance and weight were exactly to spec, and when I hit a few with the extension attached, I didn't feel I needed to adjust my stroke or bridge to accommodate. Smooth as silk.

Dave was fantastic to work with, offering options and often anticipating my desires before I could communicate them. He's a true craftsman with a fantastic eye for design. His communication with me was top notch, and I can't tell you how much I appreciated his candor and suggestions throughout the 2 month process.

Take a look for yourselves.

Thank you for everything Dave! A fantastic early Christmas present!!!

View attachment 675342View attachment 675343

View attachment 675345View attachment 675344View attachment 675346
View attachment 675348View attachment 675349
Well done and congrats! Dave is one of the good guys. 😎