OB 10 Demo shaft

maurice.rojas

Good morning.

Would anyone know why an OB shaft would have “10 DEMO” marked on it?
But it with a McDermott cue at a Florida pawn shop.

Attachments

• IMG_6448.jpeg
    IMG_6448.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6449.jpeg
    IMG_6449.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6450.jpeg
    IMG_6450.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 53

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because it's a 3/8x10 demo shaft that someone ended up buying from somewhere/one, which would fit a McDermott. I have seen them for sale a couple of times. Those are very good shafts, worth picking up.

maurice.rojas

Because it's a 3/8x10 demo shaft that someone ended up buying from somewhere/one, which would fit a McDermott. I have seen them for sale a couple of times. Those are very good shafts, worth picking up.
I got the McDermott cue with a G-Core shaft and this OB shaft for $100…. I just thought it was a good deal…

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the McDermott cue with a G-Core shaft and this OB shaft for $100…. I just thought it was a good deal…

That is far beyond a "good deal", just the OB shaft is worth more. Usually pawn shops don't price things so low under the value, and I doubt any legitimate owner would sell a US made McDermott with an OB shaft cheap enough that they would sell it for $100. I mean the guy probably got $50 or so for the thing, no-one can do much with that to lose $400 worth of equipment.

maurice.rojas

That is far beyond a "good deal", just the OB shaft is worth more. Usually pawn shops don't price things so low under the value, and I doubt any legitimate owner would sell a US made McDermott with an OB shaft cheap enough that they would sell it for $100. I mean the guy probably got $50 or so for the thing, no-one can do much with that to lose $400 worth of equipment.
Do you think maybe it’s fake? I mean I literally paid $100 for everything on this picture in a case…

Attachments

• IMG_6451.jpeg
    IMG_6451.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 75

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think maybe it’s fake? I mean I literally paid $100 for everything on this picture in a case…
lol, you're good no one is going to counterfeit a mcD and it would cost way more of someones time to make that spliced shaft as a one off then it would be worth. Great buy for sure.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's not fake, but there is a decent chance the actual owner does not know it's there LOL
That cue when new was about $500, the OB shaft would be another $150 plus whatever the case would be, which could be from $20 to $250 depending on what the case is. If you were sold that for $100, the guy that left them at the pawn shop would have taken 10% of the actual value of the stuff, which I don't see someone doing. You can get 3x easily more selling it to someone at a pool hall.