OB Butts and Predator Shafts

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think ob made better looking butts, and predator makes better feeling shafts. Not many modern predator butts are appealing looking to me except the full splices. I just picked up an OB 125 curly maple player and I'm excited to see how it feels with the 314 3 shaft I have.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not run across many Predator shafts I like the hit feel of better than OB shafts. The OB 1 and OB 2 shafts with the wood ferrules to this day are the best combination of deflection and smooth, nice hit feel. The Pro shafts they did with the plastic ferrules were also good. The Predator shafts I have tried have had a much deader feeling hit to them, aside from the earlier ones.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had an original ob1 and used it for snooker. The predator feels stiffer in the taper and larger tip, which I like. Had to adjust the weight bolt to bring the balance back a bit. Both companies made great shafts, but I'm excited to play this hybrid cue a bit more
8b4cc638e47c3d355ceb8f392dd11d80.jpg
d02fc6aa8b8be29b2e606e4b94107f3a.jpg
97127c2b43c35f2921fbc1bce1baf6fa.jpg

Zerksies

Predator does have a nice history of producing ugly looking butts. I'm using a basic four point cue from them